Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce It is the same width and it truly a 1/2 circle. 30' across and 15' tall. I also have it on a pony wall so it is even higher, abut 18' at the shortest point.

Our winds are back and the power is out again, been out since Saturday night. This is getting so old and I don't need the extra work of dealing with gas and generators and switching circuits so I can keep freezers and refrigerators cold. Very very tired and ready to retire...for good.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally got power about 5 PM today. After the winds die down they supposedly inspect every line and make sure that they are all intact. I don't understand why they can't just send a tone through the line like you do in the IT world. It must cost them a fortune in overtime and helicopters to check the lines. I really think that they are just "teaching us a lesson" for holding them responsible for the fire last year. And now it looks like the big one burning in the CA wine country may be on them too. It seems to never end.

I might get the cover on the barn this weekend, not sure. With my DH working out of town again I am not sure what the weekend will hold. I am so tired that I don't know that I care.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
And the cover is on. I have side walls to enclose and kidding pens to reinstall but at least it will stay dry. Mia's puppies are due the day before Thanksgiving so having the barn put back together before that is my goal. She needs a place to whelp.

I have been having some health issues and I am just about the healthiest person I know so this is hard for me. I have been in the ER twice in the last week. I have moments of losing touch with reality, not really blacking out, but almost in a trance. All tests are negative for any and all things but I am not happy about this one bit. I am home alone all week and I feel fine but it is unnerving to not know if I am going to have another episode or not. This also leaves me in a bit of quandry over the dairy and next year.
2019-11-11 16.27.48 HDR.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good on the barn. NOT good on the "trance" issues. Have they tested for seizures? Pinched nerves? Anything? Plus, you've been dealing with quite a bit of stress for a while -- uhhh, don't expect you mentioned THAT to the doctor, right??? Hoping they find the cause and can get it resolved for you. Don't be driving.