Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try a rgf reme halo. It is a uv light and a ionizer. I do HVAC and they work. Take a look at them

I have purchased the device and hope to have DH install it this weekend. I live in a manufactured home with a Coleman gas furnace. Hopefully this will install without too many modifications.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule Thank you. Mold can give a person many different problems and all of mine to date are neurological with very sensitive emotions being high on the list. Vision is another one that is messed up, and as I mentioned before, my energy level and drive. Perhaps it is from depression.

mendofarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I just caught up with your posts and am so sorry you are going through this. My BFF in Santa Barbara had the exact same issues and finally found mold between her mattress and memory foam topper. It took her 3 years of going from doctor to doctor as no one believed her. The good news is she finally was treated and came out of it in good shape and energy back. This was when she was in her early 60's. Now just had her 78th birthday, still playing tennis, swims in the ocean, at events most nights. Only lingering thing is a slight loss of taste and smell. I will call her in the AM and ask who treated her and with what, and more details of the progress and let you know. You are in my prayers.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just caught up with your posts and am so sorry you are going through this. My BFF in Santa Barbara had the exact same issues and finally found mold between her mattress and memory foam topper. It took her 3 years of going from doctor to doctor as no one believed her. The good news is she finally was treated and came out of it in good shape and energy back. This was when she was in her early 60's. Now just had her 78th birthday, still playing tennis, swims in the ocean, at events most nights. Only lingering thing is a slight loss of taste and smell. I will call her in the AM and ask who treated her and with what, and more details of the progress and let you know. You are in my prayers.

Thank you. I would really appreciate the information. My primary care doctor basically told me that Kaiser doesn't treat mold exposure so I guess that is that, not sure what I am supposed to do next. I knew that there was mold growing on the ceiling where there had been a leak but I had no idea that this could be the consequences of ignoring it. Fortunately I live in a very hot and dry climate and to my knowledge there is none anywhere else in the house. A person could go broke testing for mold and treating it, not the way I had planned on spending my savings; truly one of my worst nightmares come true. Many people have to get rid of EVERYTHING in their home and move and start over, I refuse to go there yet.

I thought I was doing pretty good last week, went two days without an episode, and then I cleaned house. I have a HEPA filter on my vacuum so not entirely sure that this was the cause of my setback but I have been back at square one since Friday.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stirring up spores in household dust can cause set backs. I'd just expect it and plan accordingly, and do it at a good time to recover. It's very rough.
Spring coming and open windows should help. The cleaning does help in the long run, even if it makes you sick. Supposedly wearing a good mask or respirator would help, but I could never get them to work with my glasses.

I hope you can find and treat every bit of mold and dust, vacuum, and air out your whole house eventually and wash everything. If you can get it all dry, dry, dry after that and keep it that way forever things may improve.

mendofarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you. I would really appreciate the information. My primary care doctor basically told me that Kaiser doesn't treat mold exposure so I guess that is that, not sure what I am supposed to do next. I knew that there was mold growing on the ceiling where there had been a leak but I had no idea that this could be the consequences of ignoring it. Fortunately I live in a very hot and dry climate and to my knowledge there is none anywhere else in the house. A person could go broke testing for mold and treating it, not the way I had planned on spending my savings; truly one of my worst nightmares come true. Many people have to get rid of EVERYTHING in their home and move and start over, I refuse to go there yet.

I thought I was doing pretty good last week, went two days without an episode, and then I cleaned house. I have a HEPA filter on my vacuum so not entirely sure that this was the cause of my setback but I have been back at square one since Friday.
So my girlfriend was treated at Hope Environmental Medicine in Santa Barbara 805-698-7483.
janettehopemd.com Her website contains lots of info including 4 videos and 3 peer-reviewed published articles. She is a family doctor but found herself and her family had mold toxicity. So she went for more training in environmental illnesses. Britt says she learned as much from this site as she did spending $800 on visits to the clinic. The doctor gave her a blood test that confirmed toxic black mold in her system, then allergy tests to find the specific bacteria. Finally a list of things she must do to detox her body and her environment. Britt is looking for that list to send me.
Meanwhile, Britt remembers the most important things were to wash all clothes,, rugs, curtains etc and every surface, ( walls floors ceilings, cabinets etc) in borax. This will kill the mold spores but still leaves nuerotoxins on the surfaces, paper files, things that can't be washed. Throw away whatever paperwork,photos etc you can do without. Seal the rest in plastic bins.
Put charcoal filter on your shower head.
Take activated charcoal to start ridding the body of toxins.
Snort a baking soda solution to clean the nose, wash your hair and body in that solution also.
Eat only organic.
Tape hepa filters to box fans and circulate the air. Keep house as open as possible.
On this list was specific vitamins and supplements to take (one important one was Chlorella, a green algae that you can buy inexpensively in bulk. I will forward the list when she finds it.

She says it took 18 months after she moved out of the rental on the beach (found out later it had been flooded twice) and started detoxing that she finally had no more symptoms. She still will immediately take Benedril if she,say, enters an old church and starts sneezing and breaking into bumps.

I also want to give you another source from my personal medical care experience. I went for years to a wonderful homeopathic doctor also in Santa Barbara. Dr. James Kwako MD 805 565 3959. He treats with vitamin therapies, etc. His back room is set up with recliners to do kelation therapy to remove heavy toxins from the blood stream. This therapy saved my Dad when, after 3 years of getting no better, it was discovered he had mercury in his blood due to an abcessed tooth being drilled through the silver filling.

Babs, it sounds like you found your problem much sooner that my girlfriend and can start a detox routine earlier so I hope and pray for a quick recovery for you. Let us know what's happening with you.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just found out what has been happening with the mold and seizures. Our youngest daughter is adopted and had untreated absence seizures when she came to us at age 14. It took several years of testing, multiple neurologists, and finally a 4 day stay in Children's Hospital to identify her seizures. At first the doctors kept saying she was not having seizures! Mold is difficult to identify and each type has different symptoms. Allergies to many of the things on your property and in your home can also be dangerous. When you combine all these things, severe reactions take place and it is hard to sort out the different causes. Unless you identify each different cause and symptom for each you just run around in circles treating symptoms instead of causes.

Selling the dairy is hard, but your health is more important. Stress can do more damage to your body than anyone can imagine. Once the stress has been lifted with the sale of the dairy and most of the goats, you will have more time to find the health problems and treat them.

So sad to hear about all your problems. The sale of the dairy may seem like the death of your dream, but once you recover your health, maybe you can teach dairying and cheese making skills to others. There is always somewhere else to hitch your star.
:hugs

mendofarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I just found out what has been happening with the mold and seizures. Our youngest daughter is adopted and had untreated absence seizures when she came to us at age 14. It took several years of testing, multiple neurologists, and finally a 4 day stay in Children's Hospital to identify her seizures. At first the doctors kept saying she was not having seizures! Mold is difficult to identify and each type has different symptoms. Allergies to many of the things on your property and in your home can also be dangerous. When you combine all these things, severe reactions take place and it is hard to sort out the different causes. Unless you identify each different cause and symptom for each you just run around in circles treating symptoms instead of causes.

Selling the dairy is hard, but your health is more important. Stress can do more damage to your body than anyone can imagine. Once the stress has been lifted with the sale of the dairy and most of the goats, you will have more time to find the health problems and treat them.

So sad to hear about all your problems. The sale of the dairy may seem like the death of your dream, but once you recover your health, maybe you can teach dairying and cheese making skills to others. There is always somewhere else to hitch your star.
:hugs
Yes, my girlfriend said she had "absence seizures". Not sure what that meant.