Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a quick update in case inquiring minds want to know. My county is being ravished by a wildfire. 90,000 acres burning, over 500 homes lost, 6 lives, and about 37,000 people evacuated. I am ok, the fire is about 10 miles from my home, but many of friends are not so lucky. Please say a prayer for all affected.

The dairy is doing well, going to some markets (which have been cancelled due to fires) and I have one grocery store that has agreed to carry my products. I am selling more cheese than milk, and milk is easier, but it is what it is. I am pursuing making ice cream. Maybe not this summer, but next for sure.

Breeding season is around the corner:ep and here we go again. I don't think I have been this busy or worked this hard in my enire life.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I actually texted SBC yesterday and asked if everything was OK with you we hadn't heard from you in so long.
Prayers for you and your neighbors affected by the fires.
I'm glad the dairy is going well.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Please be careful and keep aware of the fires and movement direction. Hope you stay clear of it. Sorry for your friends that are dealing with it. Thanks for stopping in with an update. It's good to know you're still alive and well. Sorry the Dairy is turning into more work than you might have initially envisioned, but congrats on its growing success, I hope it continues and grows for you, and as they say, "You asked for this!" ;)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was really happy to see the updates from you as I followed your "journey" to becoming a full fledged dairy pretty closely and was wondering if it all became too much and you took a quick trip to outer mongolia to escape?!!!? Seriously, I am sure it has been a big learning curve to have so many fresh at once, so many bottles to feed and then to have to be making "products" from the milk , "in your spare time" !!! I couldn't do it so my hat's off to you.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was really happy to see the updates from you as I followed your "journey" to becoming a full fledged dairy pretty closely and was wondering if it all became too much and you took a quick trip to outer mongolia to escape?!!!? Seriously, I am sure it has been a big learning curve to have so many fresh at once, so many bottles to feed and then to have to be making "products" from the milk , "in your spare time" !!! I couldn't do it so my hat's off to you.

I also am just floored by all of it! Babs has energy though and can do anything!

She keeps wanting to have @Goat Whisperer out, (she may go in November for a visit) although I am afraid she may hold her hostage! ;)
NO way she's sticking me with 100000000 Nigerians kidding! :lol: :plbb

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
really glad to hear from you @babsbag. was just thinking about you the other day, with the fires in redding was concerned that they were close to you. this isn't meant to be smart assed but I sure hope your insurance is paid up. this has got to be so scary for you. know that you and your family are in our prayers.
so glad that the dairy is doing well. it is sure hard work but as they say in these parts, you're a tough old hide and you can handle it. keep in touch with us so we know you're safe.