Just a kid in the livestock business.

VixenDraws

Just born
Reaction score
Greetings from AZ! The name is Quimby and I am currently raising rabbits and chickens. But I plan on raising a lot more! Goats, quail, and maybe a duck or two. I just-so-happen to be thirteen in doing so. I am in a tag team with my dad and we handle chores on our half acre homestead! Forgive me if this wasn't exactly a formal entry into BYL, but I'd love to chat with you guys.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well Greetings @VixenDraws , Quimby, from the front range in Colorado :frow Welcome to BYH! Most folks here have chickens, and many are members of the sister site Backyardchickens.com. Quite a few here have rabbits as well. Sounds like you have a future all planned out by the title... Wishing you much success! Lots of great info and shared experiences on the various threads... Hope you'll take some time and browse around :caf. Lots of really good, helpful folks here too, so if you have a problem or question, shout it out and normally someone will get back to you with an answer pretty quick. Glad you joined us and looking forward to sharing your journey. If you have some pics to share, we all love pics.

LukeMeister

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to BYH! I loving raising chickens, rabbits, and quail, (and lizards :p) and being young, I feel like it's a great experience for me. :)

Ponker

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome from Northern Arkansas! I hope to get my granddaughter involved in my little farmstead. She's only 4 so I have some time to work on her. I'm very happy for you being involved with livestock. it is very rewarding experience. Good for you! Are you thinking about showing at the local fair? it's a great experience as well. So is FFA and 4H.

Keep up the great attitude!

VixenDraws

Just born
Reaction score
Welcome from Northern Arkansas! I hope to get my granddaughter involved in my little farmstead. She's only 4 so I have some time to work on her. I'm very happy for you being involved with livestock. it is very rewarding experience. Good for you! Are you thinking about showing at the local fair? it's a great experience as well. So is FFA and 4H.

Keep up the great attitude!

I'm hoping to do my first meat pen this year, but AZ isn't that huge on rabbits so they don't happen as often as I'd like. In preparation, however I will probably be throwing out tons if meat breeding questions: "How do you breed for a good loin/long saddle?", "How do you diversify the bloodline?", "Do I require Pedigree rabbits?" ect ect. Genuine questions. I actually used to show rabbits before I began using meat, but because of caging complications they didn't make it long. But bunnies are so much fun!