Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm 2013 Kidding Thread

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm 2013 Kidding Thread

Three of my Nigerians are looking bred so here is the plan for the start of our year:

Kalamity Jane is scheduled to be at day 145 on February 14th so I am hoping for Valentines day babies!

4649_dsc04064.jpg

4649_dsc04072.jpg

4649_dsc04077.jpg

Reeses P Buttercup is down for day 145 on February 15th.

4649_dsc02826.jpg

4649_dsc04056.jpg

Spellbound is scheduled for day 145 on March 7th.

4649_dsc04083.jpg

4649_dsc04076.jpg

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sweet babies in February. :D
Love the bearded doe. Almost thought she was a buck till I read your comments.

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Love all the goat colors, But that GRASS :drool Love that too!!! the girls look great, hope you have nice healthy kids.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
These 3 are all second timers...

Janie chamosee with white, should technically be on her third kidding I think, but I know nothing about her first time. Jane was from a person that just had the goats for clearing property and once they were done, she came to me. She wasn't even really a pet at the time. Last year Janie had a really hard delivery and by the time I got home, the baby had passed. Beautiful black and white, blue eyed little doeling too. I was too worried about Jane, as she was pretty out of it, so she was carried into the laundry room and given some pretty intensive care and attention for the next few days. I did insist on milking her and boy! what a rodeo that was once she felt better. I refused to stop milking her until I felt she was used to it...She likes to sit on the milking cup and will even sit on her rump like a dog to get out of milking! :barnie This year Janie is huge for her short little self so hopefully, instead of one large baby she will 2 smaller kids and no problems. :fl

Reeses P Buttercup chocolate buckskin, looks like someone sliced up a peanut butter cup and colored her face with it...She was a WILD thing! Not very tame at all, so I got her for half price...Funny thing is that she is the one I would have picked anyway because I loved her coloring. While she was pregnant last year, she would voluntarily jump onto the milkstand once I was done with Janie and so I would lock her in while she ate and touch her EVERYWHERE! Yep, I took total advantage. But she likes me now so we are good. She delivered 2 beautiful little doelings last year. One was black with a little white and blue eyes and one was chocolate brown with brown eyes. I kept Truffles(brown), but we sold Abby (black). They are my avatar. She had a really easy delivery and did fine on her own last year so I am hoping for more of the same this year...and of course I expect all girls again....Just in case she tries to say she didn't get the memo....
Last years babies

4649_dsc03042.jpg

Spellbound buckskin, with moonspots and blue eyes. I bought her in milk last year, after she delivered 2 beautiful cream with dark spots, bucklings...I didn't get the boys, but I would have been all over them if I didn't want their mama. I needed more milk with 4 teens in the house, so I bought more goats. She was a bottle baby and I love that she is always trying to eat my studs off my pants or whatever. She is my new herd queen. She was milking like a champ when I dried her up in November for the holidays. I was hoping to breed her to Jax but that didn't work out and she has nearly silent heats so I bred her to Buck Naked for this year. I haven't seen signs of heat, but I think she has been getting larger so we'll see. She is due about 3 weeks after the first 2 girls. It is probably better that their kids get a few weeks head start on hers anyways, with her being the queen and all.

Buck Naked is my stud. He is mostly black with a little white, and blue eyes. (He really is dark black, but the pee on his face faded his nose to brown...and the flash was on too so you can't really tell, but his coat is really shiny). He gave me all girls last year so I told him I would really appreciate the same this year.

4649_dsc03785.jpg

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
But that GRASS
I know! Even though we are having a cross between nice and mucky weather, we have grass/weeds and the below freezing temps haven't wiped it out yet. We will likely get enough freezing weather shortly though and then we go right into straight up tulle fog for a couple months before spring decides to give us a break.....Everything will be brown and ugly for awhile.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a few pics from today...Just over 2 weeks to go!!!!!
4649_dsc04195.jpg

4649_dsc04193.jpg

About 5 weeks for this one.
4649_dsc04194.jpg