Changing goals and speed

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's "Doe Code" time....hurry Up and wait.....:)....they are great looking girls, bet their kids are cute as buttons....:thumbsup

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It is, I keep hoping every morning I'm going to go out and there will have done like Gremlins and multiplied. DH is calling them freeloaders, since they're in the barn all cozy and doing nothing but eating and sleeping.
Both are puffy and have discharge, we had a storm last night so maybe this morning when I go out. Seems like that's when everything has it's babies, during storms or bad weather, lol.

Finally named the Boer/kiko girls. We have Josette, Sarah, and Maggie. Extra points if you get the reference.

Last edited:

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Nailed it! We're re-watching it on Amazon. I LOVED that show as a kid, and I appreciate it even more as an adult.

I can see babies kicking in Dahlia and she's fidgety. The weather sucks today so maybe!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only reason I knew it was because my kids watched it when they were younger..they were pretty easily entertained at that stage.. Some kind of dark soap opera with 'monsters' in it.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Barnabas Collins and Dark Shadows? My older sister was addicted to it... I watched a couple of shows and meh... :idunno

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Meh pretty much sums up my opinion of soap operas. My sister used to watch some in HS. No idea which ones but it seemed like they all had the same characters (bitchy woman, being taken advantage of woman, sleazy guy, etc). And it seemed like you could miss 2 weeks of the show and not miss anything at all, still seemed to be in the same plot.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Kind of a soap opera but kind of not. It is from Dark Shadows, which has a really interesting story line. I don't watch soaps, can't really stand it, but this doesn't hit that category for me. I watched the re-runs when I was little in the late 80's/early 90's. But it is good clean entertainment, and what DH and I do while we are thawing out at bed time.

We had a busy long weekend. We built a goat hay feeder. It came out good considering we only had a picture of one to go on and scrap wood, pallets, and some old fencing. I'll get a picture later, I'm currently dreading going out. I overslept this morning, I woke up around 2 AM with a bad backache, laid in bed until 3, finally got up and took tylenol then and got back to sleep around 3:30ish. I got up an hour late at 6:30 to see my kids were up, ate breakfast, and already dressed so I went back to bed since the baby was still sleeping.
To finish the goat feeder, DH got me a nail gun that runs off the air compressor. I LOVE that thing. So far, my arm isn't in shape to swing a hammer, I tried, and made about 4 pathetic swings before I couldn't lift the hammer anymore. The nail gun negates this and sped it up so much! I plan on making pallet and scrap rabbit hutches next since now I can do it without hurting my arm.
Our tools were kind of rag tag. I use a reciprocal saw to cut up pallets, DH used the chainsaw to make all the lop sided boards the same length, a nail gun and a stapler and some ten penny nails and fence staples. It came out really good, fits an entire bale of hay, and loses a LOT less.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
My theory is whatever gets the job done, is what really matters. I have and will again use the chainsaw to clear brush, briars and vines from the ditch bank....lay it down, pile it up, and set fire to it.....saves all the physical work and clears out large patches quickly and with less effort than ditch blade, ax, and physical labor....:)
The ducks were dust bathing in the 2.25" we got here and the goats are out actually looking for acorns in it....while standing in the sunshine at 19°.....have a low tonite of 9°.....:confused: