Just need to rant -gun happy hunters-

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That's awful! We had an incident here where a bored teenage hunter decided to shoot up a farmer's tractor that was sitting on the edge of a field. He didn't realize the farmer was using his tractor as a deer blind and shot and killed him.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Cricket said:
That's awful! We had an incident here where a bored teenage hunter decided to shoot up a farmer's tractor that was sitting on the edge of a field. He didn't realize the farmer was using his tractor as a deer blind and shot and killed him.
That's such a shame. People are so dumb sometimes.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
Maybe it wasn't a mistake. We just had another incident in our area. Two teens were out hunting and apparently got bored. So they took their high-powered rifles and took aim at a farmers cattle. :rant

http://heraldargus.com/articles/2012/12/06/news/local/doc50b929205cdc5282587412.txt
Some folks just don't give a damn. There was something similar a few months back where a small herd of prized Red Angus cattle (all a young girl's show stock animals) were all shot and killed for what reason I don't think we'll ever know.

I hate it when things like that happen. But I hate it worse when I hear someone proudly bragging about how they shot up a mother elk and her older calf from a truck. I would've loved to have throttled the ruddy S.O.B and give him a good tongue-lashing about it but had to hold back. Didn't want to get fired because I gave an employer's favorite employee heck. :rolleyes: :rant

boothcreek

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just an update on Henry, just because when I had the camera today he actually cooperated.

He healed just fine, we never had to intervene in any way. Tough little boogers these dexters.

In this picture I circled where he was shot, this is the entry side and the hair on the spot is still a bit shorter and darker then the rest. The exit side you cannot even tell anymore.
henry-shotlocation_zpsa34f0a9c.jpg

newyearsday201355_zps3a9bcaab.jpg

newyearsday201361_zps1ae0a793.jpg

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Tough little boogers these dexters :lol: :lol: :lol:

That will be the Irish blood in his veines

Its unreal what some idiots get up to eh and frightning at the same time

boothcreek

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LOL yep, must be.

People are scary with their carelessness when it comes to shooting their guns around here. Its sad when you have 160+ acres and have to be worried that someone is going to shoot you when you go for a walk on your own property....

We get more Crown Land then anyone can shake a stick at here in BC but they gotta hunt right by(or on) peoples private property. Its perplexing to say the least.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Worst I ever encountered was in southern Alberta. Pulled into a roadside restaurant and two guys bragging about the moose they bagged. Happened to look in the back of their truck on the way out and it was some ones horse. Funney thing is that just as I was about to pull out the RCMP pulled in and went straight to their truck so I can assume some one turned them in.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If someone killed my horse and they were bragging about it they had darn better HOPE the police get to them before I do! :somad

The processor we take our deer to had someone bring in a Llama, thinking it was a deer. :he

I am a huge supporter of gun rights but I also think that if you prove yourself incapable of the responsibility, you should loose your guns.

Some people should be charged for air. :smack

So glad to Henry is recovering well.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing how people--even hunters--can be so stupid! How can you not tell a horse apart from a moose, or even a llama from a deer?? It's not that hard! People who call themselves hunters aren't even hunters if they can't tell the difference between what is wildlife and what is domestic life. There should be more education out there for the "stupid people" to understand the difference between horses and moose, cows and moose, llamas and deer, elk and horses, the list goes on.

And yes, unfortunately stupid hunters like those you mentioned kstaven also live up here in Canada. What a shame... :barnie