Just put in an offer for the land next door!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I feel nervous and kind of like I don't want it to be accepted. But we've been looking at other farms and even with a huge area to look in and being super flexible with it and a very basic 'must haves' list, NOTHING! We even upped the budget a lot, still nothing.

So, may be nice to just stay here, at least we know the area, neighbors, land and no moving stress...just gotta hope we get it! Friend of the family has also put in an offer, so they may win out on that alone. =/

Anyway! It's 25ish acres, pasture, fenced and with a small pond.

Getting ahead of myself, but couldn't help it. For months, I've been planing on how to arrange everything, but it's so confusing and stressful. It's not flat in the least, so that makes it much harder.

Here's the land and our place. Second picture at 5g2, is the current fencing setup I have. The green lines are possible driveway areas. Have the easement, so may be cheapest to go through that area. Just found out that the gate back there isn't closed, just grown over. 4 sheep escaped, got 2 to get back in and then DH had to help round up the other two that ran wild next door. Had to cut a fence section down to get them back in. Yellow box is possible new house location. That would be the highest point, so we could see everything from there. Would suck if the house can only be down in a hill.
Last picture is possible new pastures and autumn sheep breeding pens. You can also see where fencing would be redone.

Wish us luck!

And if you have better ideas on how to use both properties, go ahead and draw on the first picture and post your ideas! :) I drew over 15 plans before these seemed the best and I am still changing them, lol!

land.png
land2.jpg
landz.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wishing you all the luck moving forward! I hope you get it!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck on getting the property. We toyed with some really involved fencing plans but finally decided we were overthinking it. I have no doubt that we will make multiple changes so we are just starting at the shelter where the 1st water source is and working out from there with the main paddock. We plan on using alleys to get between paddocks and they will be large enough to move equipment through.

We figured if nothing else I have a front end loader and good farm jack to pull and move T posts if and when we decided to change.

Last edited:

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally heard something back.
Several offers were put in.
Our offer is in the second round of deliberations at the 3pm meeting today. So our offer wasn't blatantly too low, lol.
Next update will probably be tomorrow.
Still don't know if they plan on counter offering or just pick one flat out.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope it works out.:fl:fl