Just put in an offer for the land next door!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feed off of 1200 lb square bales...I want an all terrain fork lift or a BIG tractor with forks.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe in 20yrs.
Maybe you can find someone that will do small squares on your land, leave them as they lie for you to pick up since that is the labor and $$ intensive part of small bales.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I forgot to tell him how I wanted the fence installed on the corners, oops, so I'll be adding wire ties just in case...Not pictured.

He will come back at some point to figure out how much weeds there are to bushhog so I can see if we have the money currently to have it done. Then we'll have him install another section as money is available.

The nutty neighbor talked to the fence guy, he was trying to get him to buy his house. Lol, but the fence guy knows the lies about the amount of land and the guy's price....OMG you guys, OMG!

Roughly 6.5 acres, 2 barns, 3 pastures, 1 house.....800k!!!

Waaaayyyy too much! Comes to 123k per acre!

The estate next door is about 7.5 acres, a couple large ponds w/dock, nice house/cabin, fenced, and I think a barn or large workshed. Under 400k.

Anyway...Anyone rich wanna move in next door...?
20161112_104903.jpg
20161112_104948.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm sure there had to be some good reason but please refresh my aging mind... Why did you fence in from the property line and "waste" all that land from use? What will you do if the neighbor removes the old fence and then allows his/her animals to graze your property right up to your new fence?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Black fence is on the property line and we share it, they're not allowed to just remove it or change it w/o our agreement.
And they think they own almost 3 acres of our land on this side, DH wanted it more clear that they sure as heck don't.
I wanted it 8ft away so I can keep it mowed and so my animals aren't right up to them.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the fence guy came out to GPS the mess at the back, 6.5 acres lost to thorns from h3ll. Triangle corner also lost to thorns is almost a full acre and the neighbors put up a hunting stand. They've been hunting on our land for years. Fence guy was commenting at how that corner would be a great hunting knoll and ta-da, hunting stand!! =/ Ugh.
Around the pond and pond itself is about half an acre.
Based on that, I'd say at least 5 acres is woods that we can't technically use because fencing it well enough to keep sheep and dogs in would be plainly impossible.
So.....18-20 acres usable right now. Hopefully, we can get that 6.5 acres mowed nicely and fenced to have 26 acres usable. That corner I'll have mowed and fenced eventually to make it a nice little pasture one day years from now.

So much fencing...holy cow. Lol. Might need to sell a kidney to pay for it, lol!

But in other news, random guy showed up yesterday wanting to buy sheep. Figured out ater some chatting that he wants males for meat. Great! I've been worrying over what I'd do with all the males, since my flock is growing quickly, so I am hoping he is serious and will come back when I told him the males would be ready to go. Been dreading possibly going to auctions to sell them. Didn't get into price and such, but did tell him they are tiny sheep and are 50-60# in the fall. He seemed fine with it. Would be great if he ends up a yearly buyer. I got lucky last year that someone wanted all the males!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck on the sales. Craigslist has proven decent around here but you get your share of bottom dwellers also.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Offered to install the tposts myself & that cut the price.

I forgot I had an ad up still for hay making.
Guy came out today & things are looking positive! Mentioned that I would be spraying for weeds and adding w/e the land is lacking to improve the land if I can find a good hay guy to cut from it. And he said he wants to make hay off it & so will come out to do soil samples to find out what it needs & help me with when & what needs doing.
Since I only want enough hay to last the year, he's wanting to help out with some things. He doesn't see it as a fair deal for me to just have 10 rounds, so he can do some bushhogging and even some barn work. =0
So now I'm praying that he is an actual good guy and all this happens! Because then so many worries vanish!
He wants to move closer to my area or another town near by. Hoping that works out well and he can be a more permanent hay guy for us.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hope it all continues to come together as anticipated...

Latest posts