Just some pictures..New Beginnings 08/26/12 Pic Heavy

RemudaOne

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My rooster is really nice to them as well, she got that way at the place I got her from. I hate seeing her that way but not much can be done until she molts. The friends she came with weren't as bad and have all filled back in since they've been here. Should've taken a picture of my rooster. His tail is molting off :), poor guy.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really happy to see those udder photos...okay...after three weeks I was worried about them drying up completely, but they are for sure...guess I needed a reminder of how their udders looked at the beginning.

Nice lease...my hubby would love that...also a big dove hunter fan and fisher...although I believe I do okay with my fishing skills too... :p

Sorry about your pasture...yikes...we got rain here in time and can finally let them out to graze again without worrying about the grass. Of course with the rain came a storm and our second huge tree of this summer came crashing down..ON the sheep fence, so more fixing. First huge tree was struck by lightning and split it all the way down to the ground and smelled like some electric burn. Hope we now have all bummer trees down...fence can't take much more, nor us with going out with flashlights and pouring rain to do a quickie temporary fence fixing.

Have a super great week! :)

Southdown

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I recently bought some hen saddles and I like them. The angora goats are pretty. We NEED rain!!!!

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
RemudaOne said:
My rooster is really nice to them as well, she got that way at the place I got her from. I hate seeing her that way but not much can be done until she molts. The friends she came with weren't as bad and have all filled back in since they've been here. Should've taken a picture of my rooster. His tail is molting off :), poor guy.
I understand, but if he DOES breed her or the other chickens get a pecking, it can turn nasty. Just a thought :) I love nice roos!

What breed is he?

RemudaOne

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
He's a Black Copper Marans. Here's a previous picture of him.

DSCN0181.jpg

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
RemudaOne said:
He's a Black Copper Marans. Here's a previous picture of him.

DSCN0181.jpg
That is a pretty boy!!! Just wondering cause OldEnglishGames have the short feather gene where each year their tail gets shorter till its a stub :lol: so i was seeing if his was one ;)

RemudaOne

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Okay, so yesterday was 107 degrees here. Thank God it's been SO hot that all of the moisture has been sucked out of everything so the humidity is as low as it gets right now. I've stayed busy hosing off the horses and wetting down the hen spa and keeping their wading container filled with fresh clean water. I also have a mister hose on the run of the coop so once I close them up in the evenings, they hang out under that. This morning was quite a bit cooler so I actually felt like taking a few shots of the sunrise. BUT lets start out with some udder updates.

First off, this is the mom of the ewe lamb that I am keeping. I pulled the lamb off on the 3rd. Here she is again on the 10th..... NO progress and very tight.

7cbcf280.jpg

Here's how she looked yesterday after 18 days.

8b9e84d1.jpg

Here's the mom of the lamb that went to the processor. I sold his twin on the 1st. Here she is on the eighth. The ewe above is beside her in this pic.

DSCN0732.jpg

And yesterday at 21 days

dc24cb92.jpg

Heres the ewe that is bagging up on the sixteenth

DSCN0800.jpg

And again yesterday.

65b08fa3.jpg

A couple of sunrise shots from this morning

DSCN0805.jpg

DSCN0806.jpg

Hope ya'll enjoy! Have a great afternoon :)

RemudaOne

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Just a couple of pics. The sheep are from the other day, the chick hatched this morning. These were taken with my phone, quality may not be great.

076FCDC5-0C92-408B-89CE-C36F27A78420-42728-00003BD3C31E592E.jpg

0B705D1D-3B12-4D94-8551-7C412D9CC3D4-42728-00003BD3D14EECDB.jpg

Seven eggs to go, but there may be one or two more already hatched under her :)