Just some spotty sheep pictures

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I haven't been around much because it turns out running a farm and being in grad school at the same time is a lot of work! But I took a bunch of sheep pictures recently and thought the sheeple here might enjoy them.

Willow, a 2016 ewe lamb.

Jazz, the ewe in my userpic. She's turning 12 this year and still just as fat and sassy as ever.

Reba, who has such a sweet face. She was a freebie that came with my new ram because she only ever has 2 horned lambs for some reason and the owner wanted more 4 horned lambs.

Mimosa, another 2016 ewe lamb.

Twofer! He's my giant teddybear of a wether and basically the farm mascot. If you get The Shepherd magazine he was in the December issue in the article about jacobs.

The new boy, Glen. I really like how solid black his fleece stays. He's a nice, hardy primitive guy and I can't wait to see what his lambs look like.

Aster, a Jazz daughter and Mimosa's dam. She has such an attitude but her lambs are always nice so I keep her around.

Jewel, a Jazz granddaughter and Willow's dam. She's a princess and loves neck rubs but only at her invitation.

I hope you enjoyed my silly, spotty sheep! I like all my breeds but the jacobs are just so special. The jacob association annual meeting is close enough for me to drive there this year and I'm really hoping I have to time to go!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW!!...never have seen anything like it....sure look interesting, tho.....the pic of Glen is very Impressive!!...:ep they are All just Beautiful...:thumbsup Hope all goes well with School and surely anxious to keep up with your Sheep. :)

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
They're unique alright. I get a lot of people asking me about my weird goats and they don't mean my angoras :lol:

Two more months until I have a whole pack of spotty lambs running amok!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hope you'll post more spotty sheep BABY pics when the time comes :fl:weee Love the baby pics :love You have a really nice looking herd! Good luck and continued success in school and on your farm!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Willow has a goat face so I think she is pretty! :D
Reba has a beautiful face!

I will say even though things didn't work out for us I do love the Jacobs. I love how amazingly hardy they are! I also love their wool. I know it isn't super soft, more rugged but I love it!
We stayed away from the 4 horned.

I LOVE the black on them too!

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
They definitely aren't for everyone! And the horns on the big 4 horned boys can make some things tricky. But you have to respect how hardy they are. I've heard the oldest recorded jacob ewe died in her 20s and the breeder I got Glen from had a 16 or 17 year old ram still kicking around. My old girl had (and raised) triplets at 10 because she's an overachiever. I switched up minerals this year and they have been thriving even more than usual. I haven't needed to trim hooves on them at all and none of them needed to be wormed this summer even though my other breeds struggled a bit.

Latest posts