Kansas here

Katy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Central Kansas. We've got simmental mixed cows with Angus bulls.

Chaty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello,
I am not new to the cattle world as have been around them all my life. I live in Kansas but originally from Texas. Been here almost 16 yrs. I raise cattle, milk cows, goats, horses, chickens and most type of fowl. and LGD's and I have 1 cat and 1 donkey. I love all of them and most have names. DH works for the RR in the city and that is why we are here in Ks. Glad to meet ya...

moonie's mother

Just born
Reaction score
Hello: I am also new. I've been around cows all of my life, also. I am in Maine. My father & I raised Herefords. He died but before he did he told me to sell everything once he died. Of course I couldn't. I sold most of them and all the pigs but kept just a few old breeders. I've always loved cows but sometimes I dont have the confidence I should. Dad always told me what to do if I wasnt sure and then I did it. Its hard to all of a sudden be boss. Anyway I guess we are the two newbies.!! My biggest problem now, besides a cow with a swollen quarter is getting hay for the winter. I've got 160 bales...thats all,,, It has pretty much rained in the afternoon every day since the end of june. Very, Very bad for haying.. And they say that there is global warming?? Who is that guy.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
welcome hope yall like it here.cant make hay when it rains everyday.

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome! :frow :frow :frow :frow

Chaty said:
Hello,
I am not new to the cattle world as have been around them all my life. I live in Kansas but originally from Texas. Been here almost 16 yrs. I raise cattle, milk cows, goats, horses, chickens and most type of fowl. and LGD's and I have 1 cat and 1 donkey. I love all of them and most have names. DH works for the RR in the city and that is why we are here in Ks. Glad to meet ya...

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey and Welcome!! :weee :weee :weee

moonie's mother said:
Hello: I am also new. I've been around cows all of my life, also. I am in Maine. My father & I raised Herefords. He died but before he did he told me to sell everything once he died. Of course I couldn't. I sold most of them and all the pigs but kept just a few old breeders. I've always loved cows but sometimes I dont have the confidence I should. Dad always told me what to do if I wasnt sure and then I did it. Its hard to all of a sudden be boss. Anyway I guess we are the two newbies.!! My biggest problem now, besides a cow with a swollen quarter is getting hay for the winter. I've got 160 bales...thats all,,, It has pretty much rained in the afternoon every day since the end of june. Very, Very bad for haying.. And they say that there is global warming?? Who is that guy.

dfunnyfarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I live in Kansas. I am about 45min away from Wichita. I have my fist holstin bottle calf. I hope to get another maybe a girl this time. I would love to have fresh milk. My Grandfather has a beef herd and use to keep a few Jersy for milking.

farmerJohn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Im In SE kansas, born and raised on a small patch of land in the country, and my mom bought me a couple pygmy fainting goat crosses for my birthday about 2 years ago, and now i just had my first kidding, and planning on adding sheep, pigs, chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys this spring/summer. Always considered myself a city boy, and spent a few years in New Orleans, but when i moved back, im starting to embrace the country.