Katahdin Breeders

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some good Katahdin breeders in the north East ? Would like to get some Show quality Ewes at some point and I don't even know where to start looking. :idunno

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Mike CHS yes I have checked, there are quite a few, im just not sure who is "good" and who isn't? Ill just have to start researching.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you use Facebook? There are some decent forums with a good mix of people - Katahdin Sheep Breeders is one and Katahdin Sheep Producers is another. What I would do is browse those for a bit and it's pretty easy to see who are the good guys and you can check them out without really contacting them. I have one contact that is one of the bigger breeders that I know and will see if he knows anyone in your area. It would cost more but a lot of the breeders ship their animals.

We network a couple of Associations and it seems those that have been doing it quite awhile know folks from all over.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Im not opposed to shipping depending on cost, I know in the horse world shipping can get a bit crazy. I know there is one breeder near me that shows and I have seen them do quite well at the shows, but I would like to look at others as well. Im just trying to put together a good group of quality Ewes together , its hard when your not super familiar with the industry. Thanks for the help ! much appreciated :)

Latest posts