Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I really want a velveteen lop. I am in love with those overly long floppy ears!! Thought about trying to find a buck to breed to Mocha. I don't know for sure, but I am imagining these fluffy, long eared buns that melt my heart

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't exactly want a Vlop to be fluffy but definitely long ears! If you decide you need one can hook you up. Hopefully lots of litters this Spring!

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The buns love the new bedding. I love the bunny binkies and ear flips. I changed to shavings plus and they like it way better than the just paper pulp bedding. This change was a mix between the shredded paper that was previously used at complete change yesterday. Next will be spot cleaning for a while

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So... more baby bunnies soon? :)

I've been trying to get some meat rabbits, but it's impossible to find people breeding the ones we want. :eek: How did you find yours? Do you have any advice? I'm at a loss here. :hide

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm in Michigan. I checked out the ARBA, and then a website called rabbitbreeders.us.
Sorry, but... What is the NRBA? I'm new to this rabbit nonsense. :hide
There's a lot of rabbits in our fair from 4-H, but I don't know how to get in touch with any of them.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
My bad, I was thinking National rather than American.
It has been over 20 years since I was a member.
If you were closer, could help you out with some buns. Plan to make a trip to Indianapolis any time? Lol

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Calendula,
You might try going online and looking at contacts through the Michigan State RBA.
There are generally email addresses and even phone #'s that could still be current to get some leads going in the breeds you might like to acquire.

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Haha. With it finally snowing? Definitely not planning on any road trips!

I think we're just going to start out with some mutts from a feed store or off of Craigslist. Then, if we actually want to keep on raising them for meat, we can get the breed we actually want.

Latest posts