Keeping busy with my herd of ND goats & a flock of pretty feathered hens who lay colorful eggs. Always thinking of what’s next

leiannev

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I got a few Nigerian Dwarf goats In 2019 for the milk. After a few months I acquired more & more. Less than 2 years in I own 22, 3 of which were born from my own breeding program. I have made cheese, soap, sold for baby pigs & frozen a lot that will become soap. Most of it I drink. Now I am planning to introduce Nubians or mini Nubians to my herd for bsetter milk production. I will have to learn to part with some babies as I can see how this could get out of hand very quickly.
The hens came as a defiant streak when my husband insisted we would not have chickens. I got 6 EEs because of their blue colored eggs. Since then I have discovered so many beautiful hens that I need to own. 15 chicks are arriving in April all picked based on egg color or feathering. I also chose two different breeds of chickens that are hard to find in my area. I will be breeding & hatching them & offering to other chicken enthusiasts in the area.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You are in good company here! BYH is great, lots of friendly people afflicted with the same disease that you have. :lol: You have found kindred spirits!

I busted out laughing when I read this! Girl after my own heart! :yesss: You'd think they'd learn not to tell us no. Mine finally did, he knows I'll just do it anyway. Hahaha!

The hens came as a defiant streak when my husband insisted we would not have chickens.