Keeping cool in hot summer

FurryFiasco

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My best results yet have been fans creating lots of air movement and 2L or 3L bottles with water, frozen and placed with the buns in the heat if the day. I rotate them between 2 feeezers. One is a apt size cube half-chest freezer, and the other is a fridge with top third freezer.

I have enough frozen to use around Noon and replace when thawed and no longer cool around 4 or 5pm. The second batch takes them on into "cool" of the evening. I have the most recent used in the fridge freezer about 24 hours, then when I take the most frozen out of the chest freezer to place them, they've abt abt two days to freeze.

Take the more recent ones out of the fridge freezer, sometimes still liquified at this point, and put them in the chest freezer til next day. It's a decent process and saves them in 90-100+deg heat.

Do you have to wrap the frozen bottles in towels, or are they good as they are? Thanks!

BranscumFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
How long do the granite tiles stay cool? What tiles did you get from Amazon? I have some very interested bunnies clamoring for the answers.

Please and thank you.
Follow the link in my previous post to get the tiles. They last about 3-4 hours but are still much cooler than the wire even after that.

BranscumFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
They look relatively small in the pic. Mine are ceramic and 12"×12". Rough on one side and smooth on the other.
They are the perfect size for an adult new zealand. They are 10 x 6 in. And they last much longer than the other tiles we had. They are ruff on one side smooth on the other.