Keeping Water From Icing

reneerising

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have an enclosed stable with 3 separate sections for my goats with their own water buckets. Beside the stable is a small building with electric.

Their water was icy yesterday morning.

How can I keep their water from freezing? I have seen the buckets with cords but i would need 3 and an extension cord for them to connect to. Nervous about this setup.

I thought of if I have one large tank for water with a warmer to just it in the building then how could i get this warm water to them.

Any suggestions on how to keep their water warm?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hey Renee... Where are you physically located? I mean, how often is frozen water an issue, and for how long? If it's above freezing during the day, then maybe you don't have to worry about it, just dump the ice out in the morning, or break it, and re-fill their water. I know my goats don't really drink at night. Alternately, you can make one communal water trough for them and then just heat that one. You wouldn't take the water to them from the heated trough, you let them go to it.

Edit to add: You really don't need to/shouldn't post the same question in multiple places as it gets really confusing tracking input... Perhaps you should/could delete the duplicates? Leave this one since it's already had responses. Thanks! :)