Khaleesi & Aaliyah's Kidding Thread

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted here and lot's has happened while I've been away. Khaleesi and Aaliyah are both very pregnant and are due to kid Wednesday 22nd February. Well....that is, Khaleesi is due then, Aaliyah is anyone's guess although she appears to be at about the same stage as her mother Khaleesi. My how time has flown....my little Aaliyah is about to be a first time mother.

It's been interesting to see the personality difference between the two. Khaleesi same as last time has become SUPER affectionate and clingy during her preganancy, whereas Aaliyah is definately a "don't touch me" kinda girl. If I try to feel for babies she'll turn her head and try to nip me!

I'm excited to see what we have this time. I think Khaleesi may be a little bigger this time around and so I'm wondering if there just might be triplets in there!

During my absence from BYH we've had the girl's pen and house remodeled some. Aaliyah was caught on video sailing over the top of the pen fence and so we've had that heightened with steel, taken away a door and added a new steel one, and divided their house into two birthing pens (bigger than what Khaleesi had to birth in last year) and there's still ample room for a hanging about area in front of their pens inside the house. Oh and we've bought a steel milk stand. I'm very pleased :)

I've attached some photos of the work done recently.

IMG_20170218_145449.jpg IMG_20170218_145305.jpg IMG_20170218_145326.jpg

IMG_20170218_145349.jpg

And here's the milkstand:

IMG_20170218_145408.jpg

And lastly, here's Jabari's new accommodation :) He'll be joined here with one of his sons (once these babies are born and we will wether the new boy).

IMG_20170218_145528.jpg IMG_20170218_145546.jpg

Unfortunately not very long (like a day!!) after these new digs were built I discovered Jabari could easily sail over the top of the pen fence. You can see the silver horizontal steel bars behind the black fencing. So, as a quick and cheap remedy we quickly had our workman weld some spare bedframes to the silver steel pipework. I'm going to spray paint the black with silver as soon as I get a chance and it will hopefully all blend in well. He's not getting out of there in a hurry!!

Now....just waiting for those new babies.

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The houses for the goats look great! And I love Aaliyah's ears. :love

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LOL....I love her ears too. I'm hoping we might get at least one buckling the same as Aaliyah - black and white.

Just got in from feeding the goats and Khaleesi is acting different. Her ligs are definately gone now and she's lot quieter and slower, taking small slow steps. She's also not as hungry as usual. Hmmm...we'll see.

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I 'think' Khaleesi might be having contractions now. Seems to be pausing and arching her tail over her back, holding it there for a bit and then relaxing it. Pre-labour contractions???

Edited to add, she's not due for another 2 days...Wednesday.

thailand

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Checked on her again and she was laying underneath their house in the dirt. Stood up, pawed the ground a couple of times and then layed back down. Refused to get up. Tail arching heaps again. I managed to get her up the steps into her birthing pen. The wait is on!