Kid Advice Needed

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How much weight should a new kid gain? Dixie is a first freshener plus this is our first kidding. I want to make sure baby is eating enough. I remember feeling this way as a new mom. My boobs didn’t have ounce marks so I could know if our baby boy was drinking enough. I feel the same way about Dash. Puppies always have round bellies that look like they want to burst. I don’t see that with him. I’ve seen him nurse but I’m not sure if he’s getting enough. I milked her because one side was definitely fuller than the other.
2BA6A01C-459F-46F5-8817-86A39D94DE46.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree with chickens really - if he's hitting the udder and coming away crying - he's hungry and not getting enough. If he's not constantly chasing mom and trying to nurse - he's fine. Baby goats nurse numerous times a day, but sometimes only for a few seconds at a time. If he were really hungry - he'd let you know. :)

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
How should you introduce 2 new babies into a herd a 2 bigger wethers and one tiny doe?
What I have been doing and it's working fantastic is look no touch through the fence daily and after a month I let everyone out to graze on neutral ground about an hour a day. So far everything is great. My two wethers play together and my dominant Doe ignores everyone. My baby Doe runs around and plays without issues.

Latest posts