Kid Concerns

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
How long have you had them? What age were they when you got them? Did the breeder give you some of the milk, formula, etc. he/she was feeding so you could transition to the milk you are using? I agree with carnivore that you should go back to the beginning and start over with feeding. You seem to have a lot of additives you are putting in their milk. Where does the breeder live? Is he/she close enough you can buy goat milk from her? If you can obtain fresh pasteurized goat milk, I would take them off everything except the goat milk. If not, you will have to keep them on whatever milk you have, however, I would dilute the milk with water for a couple days. This will cut the richness of the milk, making it easier for the babies to assimilate it. Then gradually increase the milk and decrease the water. This is what we used to do with calves if they started to scour.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry that I haven’t updated in awhile. Let me catch y’all up. I took poop in for a culture. No parasites found. I had been feeding them cow’s milk and giving probiotics. They had a treatment of dimox as advised by the breeder.

The vet recommended taking them off cow’s milk and giving them goat replacer. That’s what they are still taking. They have normal goat poop. I have seen them eating their food and hay. They are still getting 2 bottles a day. They are 2 months old. I think I’m supposed to cut them down to one bottle soon. I can’t remember when that is.

They are happy, crazy kids. Thanks for checking in on them.