Kidding season at sweet horizon minis

Sweet horizon Nigerians

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry you will have plenty in just a few short weeks they are content Lillie is being such a good mom it's her ff. She does leave her kids to go to other goats though (walked her from kidding area to the barn because they are currently separate as we were redoing the barn) my mom and bro were carrying the kids and she just completely left them behind
The barn is still a work in progress but it's plenty good enough for them to get out and run around and not be in a ton of mud. We have had rain for what feels like all winter so right now the farm is mud sadly. The goats all do have high spots in their pens that are not super mushy and their shelters are dry at least
IMG_20190223_141930.jpg

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
My kidding season is from march to may this year all ff except 1......would rather have two weeks of madness than having it stretched out so long, but end result is the same :) ....got to love our lilly goat girls, spoiled for sure but full of love.
Happy your goats got some dry spots, ya all had a lousy winter with too much rain....our rainy season is all summer, lol...oh well, need water no matter where we live. Have a great weekend :frow

Sweet horizon Nigerians

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So you have a long stretch of crazy coming @B&B Happy goats do you have a lilly as well? It's crazy with all this rain. Can barely get anything done the goats don't want to leave their shelters because of it lol where are you from that it's rainy all summer? Our winter's usually are not this wet or warm. We have had probably 2-3week total of cold weather (lows in 20's highs in upper 30's which is cold for SC lol) it's been mid 40's one day and 66 the next we had just a few weeks ago a high of 78 for 3 days (all Fahrenheit) with lows in 50's so it's been all over with rain lol

@Queen Mum it's actually stopped for right now, rained and lightly misted until about 2pm today and supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow again Here is a pic of what the weather is supposed to be the next few days. 2 different sites
Screenshot_20190223-163804.png
inCollage_20190223_164123248.jpg

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
So you have a long stretch of crazy coming @B&B Happy goats do you have a lilly as well? It's crazy with all this rain. Can barely get anything done the goats don't want to leave their shelters because of it lol where are you from that it's rainy all summer? Our winter's usually are not this wet or warm. We have had probably 2-3week total of cold weather (lows in 20's highs in upper 30's which is cold for SC lol) it's been mid 40's one day and 66 the next we had just a few weeks ago a high of 78 for 3 days (all Fahrenheit) with lows in 50's so it's been all over with rain lol

@Queen Mum it's actually stopped for right now, rained and lightly misted until about 2pm today and supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow again Here is a pic of what the weather is supposed to be the next few days

Florida summer, 2:30. 3:00 rain for half hour unless thunderstorms, then nice hot steamy humid parasite weather, lol
Yes we have a lilly that i rescued at three days old, owner wanted her gone so family could use milk, almost lost that girl three times and she lived inside as much as outside. I go visit and sit with my girls every day , lilly has to either be on my lap, or laying next to me with her head on my lap.....and she has just been bred ....so my guess is she will kid in my lap also....:lol: she is due on my birthday ,lol....got to love our nigerians !:celebrate

Sweet horizon Nigerians

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok our summers are usually dry.last year and the year before we were in a drought over the summer. We are averaging probably an inch of rain (atleast)daily. Your lilly is by far friendlier than mine lol shesis usually standoffish and only comes for food.that has changed some since she was put in the kidding area and freshened hopefully she will stay as she is now...friendly lol I'm glad she made it! Hopefully she gives you exactly what you are hoping for with no issues on your b-day absolutely!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know if you have the time, ...as i am retired...but every day i go sit with the girls, we eat cut up carrot slices, hang out ....it has made them very friendly. Even the rabbits come to there doors to be picked up and loved on....so far that ummmm.....19 rabbits, chickens don't get much affection, :lol:....our goats come out and hang out with people when we have company, lol....

Sweet horizon Nigerians

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I tried that with her and my doe Cami. Both will only come for food (atleast that's how Lillie was prior to kidding) for the longest while Lillie wouldn't even eat out of my hand and I spent a minimum of an hour everyday with her since she was 8 weeks,offering apples carrots the occasional Graham cracker ect. Cami is still insanely stand offish once I catch her she is fine but I have to put food in her bowl and be real quick to catch her lol my bucks/wethers (2 of each) and my other doe are all insanely friendly to the point you go in the pen and you trip over them . That's awesome about the rabbits and that's quite a bit of rabbits are they meat rabbits or? Whenever we have people over (which is rare we kind of live in the middle of nowhere) they all go hang out and pet the goats. Once the kids can be away from mom I'm planning on bringing them up to see my coworkers

Latest posts