Kidding soon?

Kada6305

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So according to my records lilli has 25 days left. Well its midnight so technically 24. 2 days ago her backend looked normal. Today she looks very angry. Are my calculations off? ?? First photo is of her 2 days ago. other two are from tonight.
lilli 4.jpg

2 days ago

lilli3.jpg

Tonight.

lilli5.jpg

Look closely. more discharge.

bloonskiller911

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the mucus plug to me, they can lose that up to a month before hand. is her bag flaccid at all or very tight?

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
x2 (I'm not very experienced though :rolleyes:)
Good, luck! I'm just gonna wait for baby picture, don't mind me :pop

I don't have goats, I have sheep. All I can say is they like to mess with our minds, some go by the books and others surprise us. Again, good luck with your girly, she looks like she is about to pop :th

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
agree with @bloonskiller911. looks like she is losing her mucus plug. and she could go in the next few days to the next month. its part of the doe code oath they all take when they are bred. it is their duty to drive us totally nuts before they deliver at noon on a clear day all by themselves after we have sat up with them all night in the rain for at least three nights and are exhausted. check her udder. is it soft or getting full. hers looks pretty small to me right now. is she a ff or has she kidded before? do you know how to check the ligaments above her tail? watch for the kids to 'drop', she will start to look slimmer a day or two before she kids. and if you are off by one breeding cycle then she would be due right about now. let us know whats happening. and of course the ever present pictures are needed when she kids

Kada6305

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thank you guys! This will be her 4th kidding. Her udder is filling up. but still about half the size of when we got her 6 weeks after she had twin boys. I have her on live streaming video so I (and others) can watch her. She's a popular girl on my facebook lol. And her ligaments are still there. She's been loosing her plug for about a week or 2 now. lol

Kada6305

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So she was losing her plug last week. But now she's been having plug discharge the last 4 days or so. Is that normal? To have plug discharge one. and then a week later have it multiple days in a row?

Kada6305

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
yes. But have no clue what I'm feeling. I've watched videos. But I just dont know If I'm feeling ligs or her tail bone.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Some will lose bits of the plug over the course of a month. Ligaments are really helpful. Keep feeling and you will get the hang of it-once they are gone, you will have a EUREKA moment. They do feel like bone almost. I think they feel like pencils.