KIDDING SUPPLY LIST & Kidding NOTES

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! I am actually in the middle of updating- UGH so many more animals and udders and babies to add. Hoping to hit the publish update button tonight.
Maybe when I do you could look at it again.. I rely on people to tell me when links are broken or something isn't right. I really haven't updated in two years... maybe a pic here and there.

Sure, just let me know!! I only looked at the ND does and bucks you had but have no problem checking out all the other links. : D

Sally Sunshine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just looked at your website Southern by choice...you've got some fine-looking animals there!!
How do we find the website?

If you have some clippers you may want to clip their backside
I have one, I just dont have a stanchion yet, wonder if I just leash them to the fence if I could clip them.

Sally Sunshine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I freeze it in ziplock bags, sandwich size. Dam makes enough to share. I mark them day 1, day 2 and day 3.
I dont know how I missed this, maybe when I was out trying to get pics and post from stupid cell. How much do I try to get each day and only milk once a day? do I do it say six or so hours after kidding or right away? does it matter when?

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I dont know how I missed this, maybe when I was out trying to get pics and post from stupid cell. How much do I try to get each day and only milk once a day? do I do it say six or so hours after kidding or right away? does it matter when?

I would let the kids nurse first (after you milk her out first to undo any plugs) and then milk her. I'd say it depends on how much she is producing and just go on a day by day basis. I don't know for how long the doe will produce colostrum; perhaps someone else will chime in.

Sally Sunshine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
ok thank you!

I clipped the does and gave them baths. I have these Andis AGC Super Speed Quiet clippers and the T84 wide blades.

I am so confused, everyone said to use a 10 blade but that looked too short so I went with the T84 and that is way too close too. ughhh I guess I need to call the company and see if the reg width blades will fit my trimmers too, and get a normal longer length blade after a lesson in trimming blades
<bangs head>
31Q9aStN-%2BL._AC_UL320_SR272,320_.jpg
8657_3_0_0.JPG
s-l300.jpg

MikeLM

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score

After the kids drink some (assuming you are dam raising) and she settles a bit. You don't need to take it all just a couple ounces should be enough. Or since this is hers and your first time, maybe just getting some would be good.