Kiddings Coming Soon!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
We have 6...no...make that 7 does building their udders :D

I don't really feel like making threads for each one...but I did want to let you know about the excitement!

I'm kinda thinking they're going to hold out until January, but we might have some Christmas surprises...these girls were all pen bred and while I caught SOME in the act, not all.

Velvet is a girl we're really looking forward to seeing kid. This is her 2nd freshening, her FF udder was beautiful! We'll retain a kid if she gives us a doe. Candy, Java, Marybelle, Two Spot, Sarah Lee, Helen are also in the maternity ward waddling around.

You can see pics on our website, along with who they're bred to...or search for Helmstead Miniature Goats on Facebook...

Candy and Helen are sale pending and will be leaving after they kid ( :( ) as part of our little herd reduction. Two Spot is also available after kidding, but hasn't been spoken for yet....which is OK by me. I HATE herd reductions! We have two other does also for sale...Annabelle I hope selfishly doesn't sell.

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
good luck with your impending busy holiday season...Yeah the individual thread is a thing of the past for me too...Unless I'm REALLY bored or I have the laptop on in the barn, which is usually the case....I'm thinking Yseries kids for my next thread...then Zseries after December...Or maybe you or Roll could post a catch-all thread for everyones Y/Z series kids with pics and descriptions.....

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Good luck w/ the future babies, Kate....

Where in IN are you moving to (general area)?

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What??? Moving to the Hoosier state? Glad to have you...

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
We're moving to the Jasper area. Ben and I are both Hoosiers - I'm from Greenwood and he's from around Jasper...so it'll be a homecoming. Even though I'm a GRIT now (girl raised in the south) I spent every summer and holiday in Indy, feels like home to me in a way...altho where we're going is COUNTRY and I've always been a city girl :p

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
That's wayyyy down there, you'll still be a southern girl to me, LOL.

I spent my summer vacays in Virginia w/ my grandparents, and have always loved going back and want to live there...so I totally get what you're saying.

Anyhoo, maybe when you're closer we'll get to meet some day.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Kate, you've got your hands full! We'll have babies starting to arrive Jan. 5th and on through June now. This is the first year I've ever had babies start coming when I'm not even finished breeding. Should be fun. :)

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Was checking udders and two more pen bred girls are also uddering up :p I think January will be a REALLY busy month!