Kiddings Coming Soon!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This must be the most stressful part; I have nightmares that all three does are just chock full of bucks! :( Oh the waiting...

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has snapped up Annabelle! If you had another doe available at the same time as her I would take her in a heartbeat.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Go look at my 'kids' page - spring/summer was SERIOUSLY buck-y! I thought we'd never have any doe kids, and Ben threatened to paint the barn pink to get the girls coming LOL while I gave my bucks pep talks and BEGGED them to throw some doelings.

I think it's the season, everyone's spending money on Christmas gifts...probably pick up again after the new year.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Starting to see goat pooches in my sleep, LOL...obviously been doing checks a little too often. Java has a steady, light discharge, but still has her ligs. Candy seems to be softening and is really poofy. Velvet's udder is growing fast! I think these will be the first three...all around the 5th. We'll see!

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I have 5 due in 4 days starting on Christmas day, but I'm thinking 2 of them are "iffy"...maybe I saw him mounting or sniffing at them and wrote it down, then they were actually bred later. They just don't look as ready as the other 3.
Boer udders just don't 'tell' as well as dairy udders, unfortunately.
I'm actually hoping someone goes into labor Christmas morning and gives me an excuse to skip yet another drama-filled family Christmas...:/:lol:

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
I have 5 due in 4 days starting on Christmas day, but I'm thinking 2 of them are "iffy"...maybe I saw him mounting or sniffing at them and wrote it down, then they were actually bred later. They just don't look as ready as the other 3.
Boer udders just don't 'tell' as well as dairy udders, unfortunately.
I'm actually hoping someone goes into labor Christmas morning and gives me an excuse to skip yet another drama-filled family Christmas...:/:lol:
Ditto...Just because mine aren't really due until the first of January; Doesn't mean I can't just "hang out" in the barn all day....That being said: Happy Holidays Everyone.....

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I think I need to stock up on Starbuck's Cafe Verona...

Two Spot, Candy, Sarah, and Helen - ligs are dropping and softening. Udders aren't there, but I bet they do like Java and udder up last minute.

Velvet's udder is a hock knocker! Really doubling daily.

Moo's ligs are softer, and Marybelle's udder is building fast!

Latest posts