Killed a bear today...*pics added* **GRAPHIC**

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The poor guy was full of mange and starving. He was quite close to my fence line and would not be chased away. Thankfully my Pyr was inside the electric fence and didn't come in contact with the diseased animal. I'm pretty sure he's been hanging around for a couple days as Emmett has been working the fence on overtime lately.

Going to snap some pics and dispose of him here shortly.
Good to know he's not suffering and that my lovies :love are all safe, from distraction and disease!

Tiss

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Way to keep your critters safe! Looking forward to pictures.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Yikes, glad he isn't suffering but it is just so different for me to hear about a bear hanging out by someone's home. That sounds a little scary. What do you do to get rid of it, like have county get it or do you do it yourself?

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The mange is very contagious and is in epidemic proportions around here. We are digging a hole with a piece of machinery, burning it in the hole and burying it. Our local GC is not very helpful...imagine that. We employ the SSS method for this. This is not the first, nor probably the last animal we have taken out like this.

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Seeing her (it was a sow) up close is actually quite sad. Worst case of mange I've ever seen.

7799_photobear.jpg