Killed a bear today...*pics added* **GRAPHIC**

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow those are the worst cases of mange I have ever seen. Sad that is becoming such a problem! At least the animals aren't suffering anymore.

CrazyFlocksters

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
.243 @ 40 ft. It's a unreal story of how I got that close. He never seen me. I'll tell it when I have more time.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
FlockenCrazy said:
.243 @ 40 ft. It's a unreal story of how I got that close. He never seen me. I'll tell it when I have more time.
Nice and at 40 ft? Wow. Can't wait to hear the story...

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow, I'd normally ask what's a bear doing out of hibernation this early? Obviously she was too sick to go into hibernation. You did her a favor. She would've starved to death.

Steve Quintavalli

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Seeing her (it was a sow) up close is actually quite sad. Worst case of mange I've ever seen.

7799_photobear.jpg
Yea, Nature can be so brutal and many people have no clue. They think it is all rainbows and skittles out there. When an animal is killed by a human, it usually goes really fast....faster than dying from a disease, freezing to death or being eaten alive or disemboweled.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mange is really a terrible disease. Many people don't realize that it will eventually kill the animal unless it is cured. I saw a dog in Mexico last year with mange so terrible that it looked like this bear. No hair and red lesions on the skin where he had scratched himself. I wished I could have euthanized him.

SSS is becoming more prevalent among the various states and counties. There are different and often contradictory laws on the books here. Cougars are protected and have rebounded from the endangered list so far that they are becoming a dangerous menace in certain areas. Animal activists, PETA, and so called "environmentalists" have put protections in place that really endanger humans. Many of these "environmentalists" know nothing about forestry, wildlife, etc. They live in cities, and the closest they have come to a coyote or cougar is on TV.

Many of California's current fires are the result of environmental protection laws that do not allow for the clearing of the understory in our forests. The laws are "feel good laws" that are neither sensible or useful. I love our forests and mountains, but how about not issuing so many building permits that are taking our drinking water and covering the land with asphalt and concrete?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yea, Nature can be so brutal and many people have no clue. They think it is all rainbows and skittles out there. When an animal is killed by a human, it usually goes really fast....faster than dying from a disease, freezing to death or being eaten alive or disemboweled.

Many have that vision of nature because of the false sense humans have intentionally created, in trying hard to take the brutality out of nature, or more specifically, our interaction with nature.
Even the 'supposedly' true nature shows and documentaries now edit or censor out a lot of what really happens.

Latest posts