Kimber tangled with Cougar!! Underdogged.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
SSS is my favorite too, but someone else pointed out that in a lot of places many of the large predators are tagged now with tracking devices. I think the repatriated wolf packs are all tagged, and many cougars too in certain states. It depends n your state and whether or not the species is seen as protected or endangered. California still considers the cougar endangered and protected although it has repopulated into cities now. As long as they don't come after me and mine, they are welcome. Otherwise . . . . I support the 2nd amendment!
He was cleaning his gun and it discharged...

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have transient cougars spring and fall. I had losses a couple of years ago after I lost my Anatolian (age). I didn’t see the cat but my neighbor did as it was inconveniently up a tree about 200 ft from his front door. We also have more deer around than ever.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
BTW did you hear about the case of the sheep rancher in Oregon who was sued by her neighbor because her LGDs barked too much? The judge ordered her to have them debarked and pay $238,000 damages to the plaintiff! She told the judge that the last time they debarked their dogs they lost 6 lambs in a week and that the dogs were necessary to her sheep operation. The article didn't say how much property she was on, or how many dogs she had. She had Tibetan and Spanish Mastiffs. How can they do their job if they can't bark?! I don't like to listen to a constantly yapping dog either, but in the case of LGDs, mine don't bark constantly - only when there are predators around. Otherwise, silence . . . .

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
mystang89: Is that part of your program for improving the breed? I had 4 and my cowboy uncle's nickname for me was "the broodmare". I told him we were going to keep going till I got it right. Sadly, 5 misses meant only 4 live kids. God was good to us, our kids are great! We had more fun raising them with their 4-H livestock experiences than anything we've ever done!:love :celebrate

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
BTW did you hear about the case of the sheep rancher in Oregon who was sued by her neighbor because her LGDs barked too much? The judge ordered her to have them debarked and pay $238,000 damages to the plaintiff! She told the judge that the last time they debarked their dogs they lost 6 lambs in a week and that the dogs were necessary to her sheep operation. The article didn't say how much property she was on, or how many dogs she had. She had Tibetan and Spanish Mastiffs. How can they do their job if they can't bark?! I don't like to listen to a constantly yapping dog either, but in the case of LGDs, mine don't bark constantly - only when there are predators around. Otherwise, silence . . . .

I have ear plugs so I can sleep. DH snores, roosters crow through out the night, George barks (LGD), neighbors cows bellow, etc.....

Latest posts