KinderKorner's ** Kid Pictures

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Husband got a call on Friday from a place that he applied for so many times they told him not to anymore. Well he hasn't applied in a couple months. They called him in for an interview randomly on monday and he got the job! :weee It is truely a miracle. It's a much better job than we could have hoped for, and he will be making nearly twice as much as he makes now!

His birthday is on Sunday and he has told me for a last month that he wanted a new job for his birthday. (Thats what he says every year.) Well he finally got his wish! We are so happy, and I'm so proud of him. He starts Monday.

It's an evening job so we won't see each other during the week since I get off at 3 and he will be going in at 2. But they said when a day shift opens up he can transfer.

Even more exciting news!

The St. Louis Zoo seen my goats online, and called me. They are going to buy some of my goats to use in the Children's Zoo and to train tricks for a goat show! How cool is that!!! They are going to be famous! They are coming on Saturday for a home study, and to meet our babies. Can't wait.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
So good to hear from you again!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on getting married and DH's new job! Wonderful news about the goats.
Can't wait for picture updates too! :)

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow...you've been busy!!! And yes, you are totally getting there:) Congrats to your DH on his job...nice birthday gift :)

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
DH started his new job yesterday. He said it wasn't too bad. But he worked an 11 hour shift until nearly 2 am.

We are both so happy he found a good job, but we are both really sad too.

He goes into work at 2pm and I don't get off until 3pm. So I won't see him at all from Monday - Thursday. And I'll only see him at church on Sundays because I get up at 5 and go into early.

I'd love to stay up and visit with him when he gets home, but I just can't make myself stay up until 2am, because I have to get up early every morning for work.

Needless to say, I'll be home alone every evening, and I'm not sure how I am going to handle only seeing him 2 days a week. At all.

They aren't sure when a day job will open up, but I hope it's sooner rather than later. Yesterday was only the first day of me being alone, and I already miss him. Especially since none of my animals are at my house yet, and we don't have internet. So I just sit in my bedroom and piddle around. I hate not being active.

The zoo came out and they seemed to really like the animals.

I was so embarrassed though. We spent days cleaning up the farm. Well my horse got out before they came and had to go out in the front pasture for a couple days, where my nubians and pygmy is temporarily to get bred. Well Toby (the horse) pooped everywhere. And the zoo had a take a picture of the goats shelter for their home study. And instead of taking a picture of the nice clean barn where everyone lives, they took a picture of the little calf hutch the nubians are staying in with poop all around it. o_O The only messy place on the farm. We just didn't get time to go out there and rake it up. :he

Gr. Hopefully we still pass the test. It's not like the nubians are living in filth, it just looked crappy. The people seemed excited about the goats, and didn't act like it was a big deal. But who knows what they were thinking.

They are taking 3 wethers, and also renting our pygmy buck to breed to their nigerians dwarfs.

Meg's boy is still growing like a weed, and he is so cute. Still no pictures yet. But since I'll be home alone everyday, I should have more time to get out there and take some. I lost my battery charger in the move, but I actually found it yesterday, so stay tuned for pictures. I regret that I haven't taken a single picture of his cute little baby stage. :/

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I found my adapter and my battery charger! Lots of pictures to follow!
I apoligize for the goat pictures though. The wind was blowing at outrageous speeds and it was freeezing so they are all wind blown and hunched up. So don't look at their crunched bodies, you can still see how cute they are though.

You all remember meg right?
1137_march1.jpg

Who knew something so ugly could make something so cute.

1137_march2.jpg

Top shot of "Flash"

1137_march3.jpg

Look at that butt! His color is so unique. His tail is black, then brown, then white.

1137_march4.jpg

Side shot. Poor cold baby. His white hair is longer and fluffier than the black hair? It looks so funny.

1137_march5.jpg

Other side.

1137_march6.jpg

His sister was feeling shy. She is just black with the brown grizzling like her mother. I can't decide if I'm keeping her or not. I really like her, but we have a huge waiting list. Especially for doelings.

1137_march7.jpg

Some of the ladies huddling to keep warm. They hold their ears so funny when the wind is blowing. :lol:

1137_march8.jpg

Interesting little Larka. Mom was black. She was born pure white with a black nose and a black tail. Her skin is pink except her nose. The only goat i've ever owned with pink skin. (You can see her hooves are white) Weirdest thing ever. She has over time gotten darker. She is now a light tan. But she is still a very odd color, lighter than any other kinder i've seen and her color is a very different shade. I'm convinced she is lacking a pigment gene or something. If she was a horse I'd call her a cremello. I wonder if goats can have dilute genes like that.

1137_march9.jpg

She looks very wise, and beautiful.

1137_march10.jpg

Blue Columbian Brahma "Blue" and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

Many more pictures to follow!

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Noo. I just had a long post typed up with pictures and when I went to reply my internet died. So now I have to redo. Gr.

Well anyway.

1137_march12.jpg

"The sisters" Deliah in front, Ellie in back. Both are prego. :weee Couldn't ask for better personalities in a goat. So calm and quite, never mean or annoying. Even the first time I milked Ellie she didn't kick or fuss, just stood sweetly. They are very snuggly too. They are over a year apart in age and from different dads, but they love each other very much. I regret selling their mom. She has fantastic babies. And she has had triplets and quads since she left my house!

1137_march11.jpg

Goatie loves to go for car rides. She gets as much of her as can fit on my lap, and just snuggles right up to me. I don't think she realizes her body takes up the entire truck seat. She can only fit her fat head and a leg on my lap anymore. :gig

1137_march22.jpg

Fence is getting there, but not quick enough. It's about ready to be stretched.

1137_march20.jpg

Here is the cool detailing on the front door.

1137_march13.jpg

Here is the color scheme for our bedroom. Slate blue walls with black furniture and grey accents.

1137_march14.jpg

Kitchen color and kitchen design. Pink, white, and darker green accents. The wall color didn't show up to good in the picture, its a lot lighter in real life. Really pretty shade. Loving my pink flowered dishes, and pig decorations.

1137_march15.jpg

The "rag paint" design in the sun room. The darker color is the same as my kitchen.

The bathroom is my favorite!

1137_march16.jpg

We ripped out the old closet and put in an open shelf. It's just messy right now, I plan on getting some baskets in the near future. And YES, our bathroom is done in duckies much to my husbands dismay.

1137_march17.jpg

The free vanity. If you look hard you can see my DH's addition to decoration. It's a blue and a yellow duck pokemon. :rolleyes:

1137_march19.jpg

I like the smokey fan/light.

1137_march18.jpg

I was skeptical of the mirror at first. We tried a cabinet and a frammed mirror but it didn't fit the space. So we went with this prism mirror. It has a prism border that kind of frames it. You can't really see it but it sparkles rainbow and reminds me of diamonds. Really beautiful. I'm glad I choose to go with it. You can see the unfinished trim on the wall and the window in the reflection. Still need to put in the floor too.

1137_march21.jpg

Don't be too impressed by all the paint. Here is what the dining room looks like currently. Thankfully that corner is the last piece of drywall.

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So Goatie my fat pet goat is huge. We had decided not to breed for again because she is so overweight, and last time she had problems kidding and lost her kid and it was horrible because she cried for weeks. She LOVES her babies.

Well after months of telling people, "No she isn't pregnent, she is just fat." The other day I noticed something weird. She has a huge udder. :he

That danged Goat must have been determined and got bred the day the bucks got out. :rant

She should be due within a week, and I'm praying it goes smoothly.

Part of me is happy, she is the best mother and really loves her kids. Part of me is worried. She is SO fat. And thats not the babies fault. She's packed on at least 50 pounds or more in the past couple years. If I lost her I'd don't know what I would do.

Ellie and Tulip are both due around the same time.

Delilah is due shortly afterwards, I hope. Her udder isn't growing much, but I really thought I felt babies so we'll see.

Tansy the bred doe we bought a couple years ago still isn't bred. Even though she has been with a several bucks many times. We are going to put her in a pen with our Pygmy because he is aggressive. If she doesn't get bred after a couple months I'll be convinced there is something wrong with her and sell her off. Which I plan on anyway, but I really want some babies first.

We were suppose to get a doe from the breeder to replace her babies we never got, and tulips baby with was one buckling who broke his neck and died.

But the spotted momma we picked had one non-spotted buckling. :tongue

Not what I was hoping, but he looks beautiful and straight so I may get him anyway.

Rants over.

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's been a long time.

A disaster happened here and I haven't felt up to posting it yet. I mentioned my worry in my last post, and it became a reality.

Goatie passed away. :hit

My Goatie who was the first, and the best goat ever. She was my rotton baby. She thought she was a dog. She did tricks, pulled a cart, loved going on car rides. She ran free, and slept on the front porch, she went on walks with me. She loved going to the park and getting scratched. She always stuck by my side, and had such an attitude. She was smarter than most humans I know.

I was sure she was going to live forever. I can't even count the number of times she got into the grain or chicken feed and it didn't even phase her.

1137_march11.jpg

1137_goatie.jpg

1137_goatie1.jpg

There will never be another like her. My heart is broken. I cried for days, and even now if I think too much about her I start bawling again. She was my best friend. I'm crying now. Everyday when I feed animals it's so lonely and depressing. She always greeted my car, and followed by me while I did my morning chores. It's too quiet.

:hit

We knew she was fat and didn't want to breed her. Well the time came and she easily and quickly birthed quads. 3 boys 1 girl. My worry was over. All were healthy and she loved her babies.

The next day she was acting off, and then she went back into labor.

We tried everything. The vets couldn't/wouldn't do anything besides give us some medicines to try. I was so upset. We were loosing her and I couldn't stop it. I would have given my left arm to save her. She was in labor several days. She kicked off her babies, and we knew the end was coming.

One night she was breathing funny. She was so tried. I sat with her and loved on her. I told her goodbye and left. Part of me knew that was the last night. I regret not staying with her that night, but I was advised to leave her alone so I wouldn't stress her out. Now all I can think of is her dying alone and scared.

She was in the barn, and in the night I guess she knew it was over and she started to make the long walk to the house. (I think she wanted someone with her. She had always wanted me there when she kidded or wasn't feeling good.) My dad found her at 1am in the yard about half way to the house. :(

My dad cried the entire time he buried her. The whole family misses her. It's like part of our family is gone.

Even in the end, she was still stubborn and strong. She was still drinking, eating, and walking the day she died. I never expected to lose her when she seems so invincible.

We still don't know what happened. The vets think maybe a uterine tear but we will never know. I felt no more babies in there.
A very similar thing happened to our dear sara rabbit a couple years ago. She was super fat, and also stayed in labor for days before dieing. She had a tumor inside her. Goatie didn't seem to have anything in there.

I'm so glad her babies are alive and strong. She left us one last gift, her legacy.

We gave two of her babies to a friend because we didn't have enough milk at the time to feed them all.

I kept the girl and we had sold the other boy. But he reminds me so much of Goatie. I fell in love, and I wanted him so badly that I traded the lady that we were selling him to, a registered buckling instead. I lost a sum of money on the deal, but it's worth it to keep something to remember Goatie by.

His name is Tippy because he is all black with a white tip on his tail. He acts very much like her. And he has her face.

The girl is Cinderella. She had Goatie's spots. But not the same personality.

These two have helped ease the pain. They follow me around, and cry for me just like Goatie did so many years ago.

I know Tippy will never replace her, but I hope I can train him to be smart like his momma and he can keep her memory alive.

Tulip kidded a boy and a girl.
Tinkerbelle kidded a boy and a girl.
Ellie kidded a boy and a girl.
Delilah kidded a girl.

Tansy is due next. Then Angeliese.

I will try to get pictures soon.

Latest posts