Knot on the Noggin

cteague

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello. I have noticed that one of my wethers has had a knot come up on the back of his head. It wasnt there yesterday. I checked it and it didnt seem to hurt. It might be a sting but not sure. He has been coughing a bit and he yawns alot. He will cough after him and his buddy butt heads and then he will yawn. Do they get a "sinus" infection and could that be the cause? He is hard to hold still. In one of the pictures the hair is darker then the rest. Any ideas? TIA
20160715_091612.jpg
20160715_091703.jpg

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
He may have poked it and there may be something in it to cause the lump. It could have happened awhile ago but now it is forming a lump. Keep an eye on it. If it gets bigger it may turn into an abscess.
If he just hit it or is a sting/bite it should be fine and go away on its own.

Yes goats can get a sinus infection so to speak, his sinuses are where his horns are so not sure the two are related.

cteague

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So that might explain the cough after they hit horns. Since he will never be eaten i have been giving him claritin liquid and chew tabs. It seems to help. But if i miss a day he is horrible.

cteague

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I gave him some yesterday and today. It looked smaller. But he wouldnt bump heads hard like he usually does with his brother. And he is still coughing