Kune kune attacked by dog

Meshikfarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi I’m very new to all of this but got a young kune kune male this year and a large dog broke into his pen and chewed him up pretty good he’s all cleaned and everything I just wanna know if he can take human penicillin or amoxicillin cause I’m in a rural area and it’s all I got I’m hoping for an response soon

Meshikfarms

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you! But yes I do know whose dog attacked him Iv asked for the dog to stay away from my animals and the owners said they’d help with the pig anyway they can

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Even though the owners offered to help any way they can, and they should, you also need for this to be reported to the dog warden. If this dog should attack anything else, there is a record of it doing it previously. I don't want you to get into bad feelings with the owners.... BUT..... they are responsible for the dog and any damage that is done. The dog could have a "moment" and attack someone else's animals, or even a child. We had dogs get into our sheep and killed several. The owners made good on the sheep and the sheriff's deputy that responded to the call simply explained to them about the laws here in our county/state , and that there would be no tolerance if is should happen again. We did not push for any charges or anything when they were willing to pay the value of the sheep, but it was on record that the dogs had gotten in. There were several dogs/owners... and the one that was the most upset is a dog that only went "running" with the others and was not normally allowed out loose. The dog has never been seen out loose again, and we are glad because it was a very nice and friendly dog. But when they get into "packs" they will do things they might not otherwise do. Since yours was a single dog problem, it is worrisome that the dog might again get loose and do it again.

Latest posts