Kunekune Going Downhill Fast

LMK17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That particular antibiotic is for a single dose at 9 mg/lb, which is what I administered. It can also be used for multiple doses at 3-5 mg/lb.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
He’s pretty darned cute! They both are! Is it damp there? I only ask because, I wonder how he could’ve got pneumonia so fast? I have pigs, and, I have Penicillin, but, I wouldn’t have thought as fast as you did!!

LMK17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He's super cute! And really friendly! I like Pinky as well, but Thorin is my favorite. ☺️

To be pretty honest, his illness caught me totally off guard. And I had no idea pneumonia could sweep through them so quickly. Obviously, I have some research to do to educate myself on this whole thing. As far as the weather, it's been nuts. 70s one day and 30s & 40s the next. When I moved from PA, I was amazed by how quickly the weather in TX can change. It's been 12 years, and I still marvel (and grumble!) at it! 😆 Today is in the 60s, breezy, and rainy. Friday was windy but 70s, and the weekend was quite mild, although a bit damp. My best guess is that he was a bit stressed by the wonky weather- we had freezes 2 nights last week- and as a result was a bit weakened, which allowed the pneumonia bug to take hold. 🤷

LMK17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm optimistic! As dramatic as his turn around was, it seems pretty clear that whatever bug is affecting him is susceptible to the LA-200. Therefore, I think he should continue to improve, although I'm going to keep an eye out to make sure he's eating and drinking a bit and doesn't cause himself more problems by neglecting either of those important things.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is your big bundle of love today? All well now or still improving? Scratch his ears and tell him it’s from his Aunt Baymule!

LMK17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He's good, thanks so much for asking!! 🥰 He's looking more steady on his feet, and when I called to him this morning, not only did he come out to say hello, he walked right up to his food bowl and checked to see if I had delivered his meal yet! I certainly don't think he's at 100% yet, but he's moving along.

It seems to crazy to me that he looked perfect on Friday, tried to die on me on Sunday, and is up and eating on Tuesday. 🤯😂

Latest posts