Kunekune pigs ok to free range with goats?

idnatalie11

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi!
We have 2 Kunekune's that free range and wondering if they would be ok with just a couple of free range Nigerian dwarf goats? I know other pigs can be an issue with smaller goats but wondering if anyone could vouch for the Kunekune's mild temperament over the long haul? Mine cuddle with my chocolate turkeys when they lay down and have never shown any signs of aggression toward anything
including baby chics that free range. Everyone gets shut up in their own houses at night. Any experience would be greatly appreciated!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi!
We have 2 Kunekune's that free range and wondering if they would be ok with just a couple of free range Nigerian dwarf goats? I know other pigs can be an issue with smaller goats but wondering if anyone could vouch for the Kunekune's mild temperament over the long haul? Mine cuddle with my chocolate turkeys when they lay down and have never shown any signs of aggression toward anything
including baby chics that free range. Everyone gets shut up in their own houses at night. Any experience would be greatly appreciated!
I never put my kunekunes with the goats, but I don't think it would be an issue.

Mine were very low key and easy to handle.

I would NOT have them around during kidding.

Also... we ate our kunekunes and were disappointed with the meat. You get so much more meat, and much more economical meat from a "regular" pig

But.... the kunekunes were way easier to handle. :idunno

Latest posts