LA-200 question

Mpwelch50

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have an older ewe that started limping. Her feet are trimmed and all else looks well. It has been wet and those little glands between her hooves were impacted. Sprayed between her hooves for a couple of days and she got better. We put them on new pasture and within 24 hours she was on her knees and limping badly. The space between her front hooves is red and raw looking. But doesn’t smell like foot rot. I gave her a shot of LA-200 yesterday and wondered how many days I should give it to her. I always did SQ on our wool sheep but I’ve seen conflicting advice on these boards. Should I do SQ or IM with LA-200? She’s doing better this morning. I also switched to a foot rot spray last night just in case. I’m inclined to lean towards foot scald but welcome any thoughts. She’s a Katahdin.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get some Hoof n’ Heel or Koppertox. Drench in between the toes, stuff some saturated gauze there and wrap the foot with some vet wrap. Leave the foot wrapped over night. Repeat as needed until the foot is better.

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
We do IM with LA 200. My vet says you can do either. It's probably foot scald, but that can quickly descend into foot rot if you're not careful. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Wish I knew about re-dosing with LA 200 but I do not.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
LA-200 should be given IM. Depending on what you are treating, it often can be given just once. I generally give 2 doses just to be cautious, but have sometimes given 3.

Doses need to be given every other day.

Latest posts