LA200 Complications with 2nd Dose?

Starwag

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Goat farmers will have to forgive me for posting here, but I find hardly anyone has sheep and thought I might get somewhere here. I have a ewe I am treating for mastitis with LA200. She is improving but still has some fluid left, so I was planning on retreating her with LA200 at the 48 hr mark tonight. However, I don't want to cause new problems by retreating. Have any of you had any adverse reactions to the second dose?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Goat farmers will have to forgive me for posting here, but I find hardly anyone has sheep and thought I might get somewhere here. I have a ewe I am treating for mastitis with LA200. She is improving but still has some fluid left, so I was planning on retreating her with LA200 at the 48 hr mark tonight. However, I don't want to cause new problems by retreating. Have any of you had any adverse reactions to the second dose?
Hey @Starwag - I don't have an answer for you, but we have a very active group of sheep folks here as well as goat folks
@Baymule @Ridgetop

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven’t had to treat a ewe for mastitis. But I see no reason for there to be any complications with a second dose. I see complications if you DON’T give her another dose. By all means, give her the second shot.