Lacking Vitamin Hair sticks up?

Matthew3590

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have 5 nigerian dwarf goats, 3 females, 2 males (1 whether). When we got them they had nice coats and all but after about 3 weeks I noticed their hair sticks up a lot along their spines. So I bought some minerals that you lace their feed with and I have put electrolytes in their water. So far it hasn't been different am I doing something wrong? What else should I add?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
It does take a little while with the minerals. What kind of minerals did you buy? Most people put them out free choice. Only put out a little so you can refresh it often. I use Sweetlix Meatmaker goat mineral but there are other good minerals too.

Matthew3590

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
manna pro loose minerals. Says it helps with the hair so we will see in a few days. Today will be the 4th feeding with the minerals.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
It can take weeks before you see a difference. I agree, put them out free choice and let them take what they need.

Matthew3590

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
So they sort of get cravings for it like when humans are craving something fruity?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Yep. They will have days that they scarf down the minerals and other days that they don't touch them. Leaving them out in a mineral dish and refreshing often is generally the best route.

Matthew3590

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Okay I will do that plan and check back to this thread in a week or two to see how things are going along