Ladies, ideas please?

rodriguezpoultry

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am a fairly well-endowed woman. At anything more than a trot on my horse, I am in pain. But it's so fun, I don't want to stop so I ride through the pain. Afterwards, I wind up with bruising on that area.

Have you found anything that works for your assets? I've tried doubling up and it doesn't seem to work, or at least, doesn't work well.

Shiloh Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A strong sports bra? Sometimes you almost need help getting into the contraptions but I have a couple of bras for runners/joggers that work well.

Support is important. Tissues can be damaged ...

Hope you find something that works!

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Got the same issue here. Keep bugging my better half to get a "normal" size pair, but he isn't to keen on the idea :/

When I used to run what helped me was to wear a VERY tight sports bra, then over that wear a sports tank top that also had the sports bra inside. Problem was sweating/chaffing, but at least it held them in place. I'd sprinkle baby powder underneath and in between where the rubbing occurred and it helped a little.

They also sell sports bras with underwire that supposedly work and cost a small fortune, but I'm too cheap to do that so I just keep sweating it out with sports bras!

Shiloh Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My better ones don't have underwire. Now, I have had some cheapie ones that did NOTHING but the ones I like probably retail for $14 to $24 -- can't remember and I probably got them on sale like I do everything. What made the difference for me at least was the back area (that's why they are hard to get into, they do not fully open, have several support bands, and DO fasten even more snugly with hooks) as well as the thick, tight support in front. I look several sizes smaller wearing them. They worked well for running and dancing though. I really want things held in place TIGHTLY (especially for dance performances) and didn't get chafing from any shifting around. Just marks from the tightness of the bands. But if they are wide enough and soft enough on the edges it's not bad.

Hope that's not TMI, but I went through quite a few to find good ones, and the overall cost considering that was not cheap. So offering it in case my experiences can help.

patandchickens

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
One of the "mono-boob" style sports bras, industrial-strength and tightly fitted.

If that is not enough, the really well-endowed can wear TWO sports bras, a regular one with one of the mono-boob styles over top of it.

It is not just a pain issue, it actually affects your seat and your ability to follow the horse quietly. You will likely find you actually RIDE better without "the girls" floppin' around in front, at least that is the case for me and nearly every well-endowed student I've had over the years :)

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I got some sport bras at a store that specilized in shoes and clothes for runners. They cost a small fortune around $30-$40 but they hold the girls (34DD) in place quite well. They are snug and I can't wear them all day but a few hours is fine. I think they can double as a hamock but comfort over style right?

goodhors

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The sports bras recommended by the horse ladies are the Enell Company:

http://www.enell.com/

and Title Nine:

http://www.titlenine.com/category/title+nine+bras/shop+bras+by+size.do

The horse ladies spend a great deal of time in the saddle, doing sitting trot, gallop work, jumping, so a decent bra is really important in balance of their body.

None of them are cheap, but the comfort is worth the cost they say. Depending on how "gifted" you are, these bras come in sizes that will fit and will hold things still while riding or exercising strenuously. I would order them in your correct sizing for best results. They are well built. I think the Frog model was the most recommended for hard riding if you were a larger size cup.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
They make these real tight lycra shirts and underwear for men to wear under their clothing...maybe try one of these over your regular bra? I know it would smash your figure but they sure do keep things down tight and prevents....er....flopping. They also absorb moisture and wick it away from your skin.

ducks4you

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
goodhors said:
The sports bras recommended by the horse ladies are the Enell Company:

http://www.enell.com/

and Title Nine:

http://www.titlenine.com/category/title+nine+bras/shop+bras+by+size.do
These are really good ideas. I am blessed with a/b size, so I can go cheap.
I would suggest (because I have 2 DD's that are larger than me) that you avoid ANY of these that do not have visible support or do not cross in the back--you don't want straps falling down. You need to keep those babies bound, but not pressed down. AND, be sure that you ONLY wear it while you ride, because you'll want to wear it all of the time, and at around $40-$50 each, they will wear out. (That's how I keep my riding boots from wearing out, too.)
(Take it from a CONSTANT sports bra wearer of nearly 30 years!!) :lol:

Latest posts