Lalabugs 2020 kidding thread

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good idea to wait a bit longer.

Nilla is due in 7 days! Yesterday I noticed her having B&H type contractions. Babies are moving around. Her udder is finally starting to get bigger. We will be giving her a shave tomorrow. It is pouring rain here today. We will start taking daily pictures of Nilla from here on out, until she kids.
1582386376241.png

Rhea is due in 14 days! Her udder is also starting to get bigger. Still a small udder.
1582386665668.png

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am beyond anxious for Nilla to kid. These next few days can not go by fast enough. :lol:

While checking the does over this morning. I noticed my LM doe has an udder developing. I bred her for March kidding. She came back into heat 3 weeks later, I did not want April kidding. I decided to wait until this year to breed her again. Well I guess she took that first breeding. Have to go back over my notes, she should be due end of March sometime. This doe is my favorite. She was bred to a ND for F1 mini manchas. If she has a doe, we will retain her. She is not showing a round belly at all. Just the tiny udder.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow...thinking there’s only one then? I thought for sure my Pygmy FF was only having one but we got twin girls!! I sure hope a Nilla goes soon for you. I remember the anxiety from a month ago. I was scared to go to the store.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I really hope she has twins, not a single. She could be hiding them. Hopefully. We shall see if she gets a round belly in this last month. I went over my notes for her breeding. She is due March 23rd at 145 days. Thankfully I seen her udder this morning, she got her cdt today. She is 4 weeks away from kidding.

I really hope Nilla does not hold out longer than 145 days. We're all ready for her babies.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nilla has no change today. Rhea is starting to lose her plug. Rhea still has 11 days.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Slight change in Nillas udder today. I seen a post on facebook yesterday. It said something along the lines of each month has 30-31 days in it, until you're due next week. Then there is 1567 days. This made me laugh. That is EXACTLY how we feel right now. Why does the last week of pregnancy seem to take much longer than the entire pregnancy? :lol:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Slight change in Nillas udder today. I seen a post on facebook yesterday. It said something along the lines of each month has 30-31 days in it, until you're due next week. Then there is 1567 days. This made me laugh. That is EXACTLY how we feel right now. Why does the last week of pregnancy seem to take much longer than the entire pregnancy? :lol:
ANTICIPATION.....it will get you every time :love

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It does! The days feel like they're going slow. Trying to distract myself. So far distracting myself with other things to do is only helping a little bit.
Have the kidding bag set and ready.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
It does! The days feel like they're going slow. Trying to distract myself. So far distracting myself with other things to do is only helping a little bit.
Have the kidding bag set and ready.
Start a project in the house, as soon as you are knee deep into the middle of it....your goats will go into labor :highfive:

Latest posts