Lalabugs 2020 kidding thread

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nillas udder is filling. I really hope Saturday is the day. Checked our forecast, it's calling for snow on Sunday. We had a talk this morning. Hope Nilla does not wait until it's snowing. :(

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nilla is acting off today. I seen her have contractions. No pushing. I think they're just pre labor contractions getting babies into position. She was not interested in grain. She ate a couple bites. No goo and udder is not full. One thing that is concerning me is her vulva is swollen. The swelling is at the top right of her vulva.
1582901725322.png

I have to head to the city today. I hope she does not progress while we're gone.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today is day 145 for Nilla. She does not look like she will be kidding today. Her udder is filling, but not full. The swelling on her vulva is worse today. Really hope she kids soon. The swelling is concerning me. Rhea has 7 days until day 145.

Last edited:

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nillas udder is SLOWLY filling. She's keeping us on our toes. It is already cold here. Waiting for the storm to roll in. We'll be deep cleaning today. I have to leave really early in the am to take our dog to get fixed in the city tomorrow. I am stressing over it now. Our vet we use, refuses to fix an animal after a certain age. The other vet is booked out months. Only option is to take him to the city.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nillas udder is still no where near filled. She is holding out. She is driving us crazy. Her ligaments are still there. Soft but still very much there.

Took our dog down to the city vet this morning. Have to pick him up first thing tomorrow morning.

Rhea is due Saturday. We'll see if she will be a hold out as well. Kinda hope she is. Have plans to go pick up a buckling Saturday.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our bulldog got really sick last summer..she’s 8. We had spent thousands trying to breed her. Invetro, everything. Never worked. Last year, she had surgery because it turned out to be a pyometra...basically an infected uterus. But, she had a few very large tumors . That’s why she was infertile!! We didn’t have it tested for cancer. Nothing they could’ve done if it were beside remove it, and they did. She’s great now!! Fat as ever!!

Glad Nilla didn’t go while you were gone...hope she goes soon!!

Latest posts