Lalabugs 2020 kidding thread

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
She continued to get a hold of the cords. Even with them being wrapped up away from the goats. She is the only one taking her time to figure out how to get a hold of the cords. They're basic usb cords, like you would use for your phone.
Just catching up on your thread. You can use apiece of PVC as a cord conduit with it secured to wall with U shape clips. I helped friend do this at her barn awhile ago.

So many cute healthy babies! :)

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That is an awesome idea! I will have to get that set up before next kidding season. Thank you!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My oldest daughter thinks Kate is pregnant.

When we picked up Kate we were given two different time frames when she might be due (if she is pregnant). She was put with two different bucks. The first set of dates with buck A have come and gone. But the dates for buck B have not. If she got bred by buck B, her latest due date would be July 9th, going off of 145 days.

We have had her 2 months. Her breeder just posted one of her mini lamanchas gave birth a week ago. It is possible Kate is in fact pregnant and she was to early to test positive. We will be sending blood off tomorrow. We will see what the test results say.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got an updated picture of Kate. She's come a long way. First picture when we brought her home. Second picture today. She's looking a bit round. Got all the goats blood pulled, will be sending it off today. We should have results by end of day Friday.

Kate.4.png

Kate 4.14.20.png

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kate is not bred. Thank goodness. She is just being well fed.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Last night was the first time we separated Nilla from her doelings to look at her udder. We did not immediately milk her out. We let her doelings out to nurse. Only milking the excess. The second picture is a weird angle because she kept moving wanting scratches. Nillas doelings are a month old today. We will get a weight on them and give them CD&T. I need to get pictures of Nyx's udder.
Nilla 4.21.2.png
Nilla 4.21.png