Lalabugs 2020 kidding thread

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nilla has dropped. She still has 3 weeks 5 days left. No major change in udder yet. Rhea still does not look pregnant. Hoping Rhea has twins.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nilla is due in 3 weeks 1 day.

Nilla 2.7.20.png
Nilla 2.7.20.2.png

Mrs Rhea is difficult to get pictures of her. Rhea is due in 4 weeks 1 day.
Rhea 2.7.20.png

Rhea and Nilla are both making an udder. I can not wait for them to kid. Feels much further away than it really is. We have been keeping Nilla's ketones at trace. Nilla is starting to be more active with getting her ketones lower. Still eating and drinking with no issues. My kids will be making guesses on how many and what color they think the does will have.

Last edited:

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nilla has 14 days until day 145. I am getting anxious! I can not wait! Rhea has 21 days! My daughter and I gave Rhea a small trim yesterday around her udder. You could not really tell how much of an udder she has because of all the hair! I need to get pictures of them today.

Last edited:

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have a new doe in the kidding line up. I do not have an actual due date for her. She is a Mini LaMancha. She's been ran with a buck since September. The date range is from 2/11-7/19. Right now she does not have any udder development. She is the sweetest thing!
Kate.png
Kate2.png

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Blood has been pulled from Marie and Kate to test for pregnancy and disease. I'm not really sure about Marie, since she was put in with a buck in Jan.
Kate has been with a buck since September. She does not look pregnant to me. But we'll see. I did the bump test on her. Her stomach feels squishy. Unlike my other bred does.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My whole house hold is fighting a stomach bug. It's been horrible. One person gets better, then the next day someone else is sick. It's a horrible bug too!

With the goats, Kate the new mini mancha. Had biting lice. She got a bath. She was NOT thrilled. The lice are dead though.
Hoping the blood I sent out makes it to the lab today before they do the daily test. That way I'll get the results tomorrow. Other wise no results until next week.

Nilla is due in 9 days!!! I can not wait! Those 9 days feel like they are going to be forever!!! Nilla is starting to be grouchy towards the other goats. She does NOT want them near her. Hubby is still guessing quads. I just hope for a doeling from her. All my kids hope she kids on her due date. They think it'll be great to have kids born on leap day.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, yes, that would be a cool birthday! Quads? Wow, can she make that much milk? I know my girl Busty can...she’s making too much for the triplets now and we have to milk her down twice a day. Apparently she’s ‘very dairy’. Now we have all this milk. We made cheese. We’re trying to think of other thiings to make. I totally understand the hard wait. Drove me nuts!! Plus, Busty had Ketosis so I was really wanting her to just be done. Hope you guys get better fast!!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. I sure hope we get over this bug soon!

It will be interesting to see if Nilla actually has quads or not. Not sure what she produces. We shall see. Her udder is still small. Not really filling yet. Nilla also is having ketones in her urine, so far we have been able to keep the ketones to trace.

When we have extra milk we make cheese & ice cream. Both have been a hit. We have talked about making soaps & lotions. Have not attempted it, yet. You can also freeze it for later use. We have a lot of wants to try with the milk, have not done it yet.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought she was the one with ketones, from when you helped me with Busty. As for the milk, last night we looked up fudge and butter recipes. We don’t have an ice cream machine...but my hubby loves his ice cream! :). I definitely want to try the soaps too. It’s just been so busy. I know, poor excuse...like it will get less busy when it’s nicer out?? We need to just buckle down and make stuff. Our two freezers are full and don’t want to turn the large one on until we butcher our feeder pig. So, instead of freezing milk, we’ll probably freeze cheese.