Lalabugs - Kidding done

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, the people we are working with have children 5-10 and all are showing Lamanchas. They all have ND's but the kids don't like working with them. No matter how much they work with them they are still so much harder. LOL You can rarely get people to help you at shows lend a hand for Nigerians. Any other breed... no problem. :lol:
Sure many kids show ND's. Just having Standards,Minis, and ND's.... the Standards by far are easiest.

If you have an opportunity to go and help out with a show (with the children) that may help.
Let the children handle the goats and see.

So far when we teach the basic showing your goat class to children... after 5 minutes... no one wants the Nigerians. :/ And these goats are trained already. LOL
You may end up with a completely different experience, I think there is just an idea that lil goats are easier for lil kids and that is far from the truth.
Showing both would be fun.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good to know before hand. The breeder we are going to talk to does not show anymore but she use to show her lamanchas and Nigerians with her daughters. Thought it would be a good starting point to learn about showing.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I think we'll practice on the does we have now. See how the girls feel about each goat. Before purchasing new does. I still have a lot of research to do.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have marshmallow unregistered mini mancha, Almond unregistered mini mancha, Tiana, Lotte, & Nilla. Tiana and Lotte are the possible pb lamanchas or 75/25 mini manchas. Waiting for breeder to have time for me to come by and collect hairs to run DNA on them.

If DNA comes back that the mini mancha buck is not the sire to them would i need the breeder to register them or can I register them?

Nilla is the registered ND with the messed up papers I'm trying to get corrected.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they have no nigerian in them (and yes I would DNA them) then you can register them- if their dam and sire is registered then the breeder can give you application. If not then you can do NOA.
Native on Appearance is shown under recorded grades.
You will want to DNA because of the herdbook. Nothing crossed with ND can be registered under the ADGA. The mini registries have rules about NOA's. If nigerian is in them then you would want to look at the MDGA.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The dam is registered. Once the DNA is done, i'll have to see what route I need to take. Just waiting now.

I was reading up on showing last night. The show season ends in Sept for ADGA?

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have been in contact with a lamancha breeder for a doeling out of her 2019 kidding.

I wrote her explaining what we're looking for. My daughter wants a lamancha doe that is not white. Explained the doeling will be my daughters show goat. It will be my daughters choice on the doeling. I want her to choose her project and be happy with the pick.

The breeder said she'd be happy to send us pics of doelings when they're born.

Then she went on to explain they no longer show because Mycoplasma has been sweeping through shows and has wiped out entire herds! :barnie:ep:barnie:ep

Has anyone else heard about Mycoplasma going through shows?

The breeder is in CA.

Our local 4H does not allow milk goat projects only meat goats. My daughter asked to show next year and we are working on this. However I do not want to expose any of our goats to Mycoplasma.

Latest posts