Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He is adorable! DH keeps hinting lol. Now for a cup of coffee.

Marshmallows udder is still not full, ligaments still not gone. She is holding out.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tiana has A LOT of edema in 1/2 of her udder. Her teat was so tight the little guy couldn't nurse. I milked her out some to relieve pressure. Her edema is on her stomach and in her leg. Only on the one side. The side that was leaking is not swollen at all. I milked her out, but not completely and massaged that side of her udder. Anything else I can do to help her?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tiana has A LOT of edema in 1/2 of her udder. Her teat was so tight the little guy couldn't nurse. I milked her out some to relieve pressure. Her edema is on her stomach and in her leg. Only on the one side. The side that was leaking is not swollen at all. I milked her out, but not completely and massaged that side of her udder. Anything else I can do to help her?

I thought she would have a lot of edema. Not that uncommon, she was probably laying down and pushed the fluid to the other side.

Look for some mint udder cream. I have used Dynamint and liked it. I’m gonna try a different product called Udder Comfort this year. I saw and ad for it in a livestock magazine, and then heard other dairy goat breeders really liked it. Hoping it’ll be a little thicker than the dynamint also.

Congratulations on the buckling, he IS adorable! Good job on assisting. Can’t wait to see what Marshmallow gives!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have deep blue & udder cream. Feed store here is closed today. I can go first thing in the am to see what they have. Would the deep blue work?

Here is the ingredients in deep blue: Aqua, Gaultheria procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Oil, Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil, Menthol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Eucalyptus globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Capsicum frutescens Extract, Chamomilla recutita (Blue Chamomile) Flower Oil , Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) Flower Oil, Helichrysum italicum (Helichrysum) Flower Oil, Allantoin, Gardenia florida Fruit Extract, Osmanthus fragrans (Osmanthus) Flower Extract, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chlorella vulgaris Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Maltodextrin, Sodium PCA, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate

I can not wait for Marshmallow to kid! Keep checking on her. She is DH goat and usually only comes to him. She comes to everyone IF they have treats or if she thinks you have something that must be for her lol. She is being antisocial even with DH today.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Marshmallow is in labor! She was baby talking earlier.
She put herself away in her kidding stall at 3 pm. Went to check on the buckling, seen her asleep in her kidding stall. Usually have to shake the grain bucket to get her in.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@StarSpangledNubians you were right! 2 bucks 1 doe! So cute!
20181223_182247.jpg
20181223_182208.jpg
20181223_182202.jpg
20181223_181417.jpg
20181223_173721.jpg
20181223_172118.jpg

The spotted ones are the bucks.