Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The 11 lbs was a hook line sinker for my husband. Honey is starting to settle down to milk. Honey is giving us 5 cups a day. Only being milked once a day.
The breeder did tell us he can not be registered.

We did not get to see his sire, as the breeder just got a new lamancha buck. Replacing the one she had.

The new lamancha buck has a precocious udder. Is precocious udder a desirable trait?

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The 11 lbs was a hook line sinker for my husband. Honey is starting to settle down to milk. Honey is giving us 5 cups a day. Only being milked once a day.
The breeder did tell us he can not be registered.

We did not get to see his sire, as the breeder just got a new lamancha buck. Replacing the one she had.

The new lamancha buck has a precocious udder. Is precocious udder a desirable trait?

As long as the breeder was up front that he can't be registered as an American Lamancha you're all good. We had a 87.5 % Lamancha buckling born with elf ears here this year. He would have been great for someone with an unregistered herd for sure. His twin sister is American Lamancha and has gopher ears.

A precocious udder in a buck can indicate strong milking genetics. I'm not sure I'd want to worry about the complications that can happen, though I don't know how rare they are.

Is Honey and first freshener? For being milked once a day 5 cups isn't bad for a first freshener. Feed, hay, genetics, and even how many she kidded this year can be influencing that.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Honey is a 4th freshener Nigerian Dwarf. She was not milked prior to us purchasing her. She was bred, then dried off after the kids were weaned. I weighed her milk out yesterday, it was 2lbs 13oz.

We only have registered Nigerian Dwarfs. Couple non registered. We are only purchasing to have milk for the family. Besides the Nigerians. We are still looking for a standard doe.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Took some pictures of the does today. Trying to plan fall breedings, though not sure how we're going to do it. I would like to breed so that we have milk year round.

Rose- 4 1/2 month old Nigerian.
Rose.jpg

Marshmallow- 9 month old Mini Mancha. We weighed her this morning. She is 65 lbs! :)
mellow.png

Willow- 1 y/o FF Mini Nubian. She's been giving us 5lbs a day.
Willlow55.png

Moonpie 3 y/o Lamancha. She came back negative and not pregnant.
Moon.png

We would like to breed Rose, Honey, Marshmallow & Willow to Scooby.

My husband really wants to breed Moopie to Kuno. Only 1/2 her udder works though. ....

Scooby is Nigerian, Kuno is Grade Lamancha.
Pics of bucks. Not great pics. Went to take pics, and seen they busted the back wall of the shelter. Snapped a couple pics before fixing it.
Scooby n Kuno.jpg

king o mtn.png
Kuno 6.14.17.png
Scooby.jpg

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG YOU KUNO LOOKS ALMOST JUST LIKE MY NOAMI!!!!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Would love to see a pic of Noami. :)

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They are almost twins @TAH

@Goat Whisperer I was worried that she would not make it to 65 lbs. Do you think she'll be big enough when shes a year old to breed? She turns a year in September.