Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The other two labors I was apart of once we saw the amber goo it was a matter of an hour then they were in full blown labor. I have not seen any contractions.
I will get a pic of the color of the discharge now.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really think you should call in a vet.
The discharge does not look good at all.
The vet can see if there is a heartbeat in there, if the cervix is dilating, can detect minor contractions, and palpate or bump with greater skill then we can (generally).

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
20171205_134155.jpg
20171205_134205.jpg

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I called around trying to see if any vet will see her. No one deals with goats. Ahhh. I went ahead and gloved up. She has no baby in her. I can not feel anything. Could it just be a false pregnancy? Would she bag up?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are sure there is no dead kid in the field? It really looks alot like afterbirth fluids.
Does it smell?
Most cattle vets will see a goat in an emergency... this is so sad you cannot find a vet.
Do you have a regular vet at all? I know so many live in areas where there simply is no vets. The universities are usually $$$$$$$$$$$$!

You could milk her and see what comes out... I really am not much help here, sorry.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a vet for my dogs, yes. She is only small animals. She refuses to see any farm animal. Love her as a vet for my dogs though. We have 2 small animal vets and 2 large animal vets. None will see a goat.

I got a hold of a breeder up here as well. She said that none of the vets will see goats here. That you really have to learn how to take care of them yourself. :( She said she's guessing that it was just a false pregnancy.

I did not feel anything. No smell. There was no blood or bloody looking discharge on the glove.

I did milk her. It is not normal colostrum. It's not thick. It is just white milk. After milking her, she is outside and no longer freaking out.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
No dead baby any where. I checked twice, my husband checked twice & my oldest daughter checked twice. That was my first thought when I seen the goo and wet legs last night.