Lalabugs - Kidding done

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It never comes at a good time, and always happens too soon... Just the way it seems to work. :hugs

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday Uncle Bill passed away. With his wife and daughters in the room. Yesterday was a really hard day. I knew the second my sister called me crying.
Just writing this i'm crying. It is hard.

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm so so sorry!! Praying for you!!! :'( hugs

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sincere condolences... Just remember he's in a better place now and beyond the reach of the pain he was in. The pain you're in will lessen over time and you'll recall all the good memories.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I know time will ease all heartache. That's exactly why my Aunt is putting off a service. She wants time to mourn. She wants it to be in good spirits remembering all the good times.

I think Rose our ND is bred. Though she shouldn't be. I can see the does from the kitchen window. As I was doing dishes I noticed Rose going to the bathroom. What caught my attention was the amount of goo that was coming out of her.

The only way she could be bred is a buck escape. I'm unaware of that happening. I asked DH & my oldest daughter (both help with the goats.) They do not recall them escaping. DH said he's not 100% sure, but can not recall any escape. I went out and checked on Rose. She is developing an udder. She's very swollen as well. I have not been paying attention to her as much as the does we bred. I have been monitoring udder development in the three does I bred. Willow, Honey & Marshmallow. With them being due Jan. I'm keeping notes on udder growth, any discharge, etc. That way I can look back next time they kid.

Anyways I am concerned on when she got bred, she's 10 months old. I do not have a vet that does anything for goats. Any ideas on when she might be due going off of udder? She has been off grain like the rest of the does, since they all were getting chubby.

Here is a picture of rose & the goo i noticed.
Rose 11.28.jpg

Her udder is more developed than Marshmallows. I know udder development differs greatly depending on the goat. I had no intention of breeding her until next year. I weighed her 9/30 she was 57 lbs. She's almost as big as Honey.
This was yesterday that I noticed the goo. I gave her a small amount of grain last night and this morning.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Standing over Rose she does not have a belly. Her stomach has not gotten any larger. I went out and measured all the does. Took a couple pics of honey and marshmallow. Rose stomach measures 40", Marshmallows 43 3/4" & Honey's is 46 1/2". Honey and Marshmallow look large. Honey is quite large, comparing her to last years pregnancy she looks even larger now. Even at her biggest with her last pregnancy she is larger now.

Honey 11.29.jpg
Honey 8 weeks 3 days until she's due.

mellow 11.29.jpg
Marshmallow 7 weeks 1 day until she's due.

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Maybe this is a silly guess, I don't have any experience with goats, but from my experience with cows and sheep, maybe she is just in heat???? :idunno Of course that usually doesn't make an udder bag up. IDK, just thinking out loud. :)