Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I hope it's just heat. I am a worry wart. Maybe a precocious udder? Hopefully that's all it is.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I know time will ease all heartache. That's exactly why my Aunt is putting off a service. She wants time to mourn. She wants it to be in good spirits remembering all the good times
Everyone grieves and mourns a little differently. I am glad that the family respects her wanting to put off the service just yet.

As far as your doe... hmmm.... goos catch, and you are paying attention so you will be prepared either way.
It could be a precocious udder... a few of my does get alot of mucous in heat. Time will tell.

All the goats are getting huge. We are going through the same thing... expecting large litters.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was just informed the service is Thursday. Sooner than we all thought. Especially after my aunt letting everyone know that it would not be a fast service. I'm getting over a horrible bug. I'm hoping I will be over it before Thursday. Otherwise I will not be able to make the trip. With Aunt Rose just getting over pneumonia, I do not want to be around her sick.

I will be keeping an eye on rose. Kidding season seems so close and so far away! With the holidays it is going by faster.
My twin sons turn 12 tomorrow. It doesn't feel like it's been 12 years! How the time flies!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Positive we had a buck escape. When I went to check on Rose. I checked our fainting goat. Who also should not be bred. She had no udder.

Last night I hear a goat screaming. I go check, it's our fainting goat. I check her over, she has goo coming out of her. She now has a full udder! She is not having contractions. But still having goo. We searched her pen there was no baby, nothing in the pen. She keeps having discharge, but it just seems off colored.

I don't know if this is a miscarriage, false pregnancy or early stages of labor? Help please!
20171204_192924.jpg
this was last night.

20171205_105958.jpg
this was 20 minutes ago.

I am stressing over her. I have her set up in a birthing pen with webcam.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Discharge now looks like it has blood in it. She is being beyond vocal. I put one of our other goats in with her she would not calm down. I let her out, she would not calm down. Brought her in the house with us, she is no longer being vocal. She is however being glued to us. The second we're out of sight she's freaking out again. I do not want to go in and check her if it is not needed. I just do not know what to do.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
is she pacing, pawing the ground, laying down and getting up- like she's trying to get comfortable? I know several of ours get clingy as they get ready to deliver.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She is pacing. She is not pawing, laying down & getting up.