Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have been taking the does out for walks every day to add extra exercise. Thank you for the idea.

Updated pictures on Pumpkin. She is slowly getting a small belly. She's still thin. We're keeping a close eye on her.

Pumpkin 22.jpg
pumpkin 23.jpg

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The walks twice a day with the goats is helping. Willows heart girth has gotten smaller. Lost 1 1/4" off her heart girth. You can see the difference. We're keeping the walks going daily, at least until it starts raining. Not sure what we'll do then. No more grain though until the end of her pregnancy.

Pumpkin is slowly gaining weight. Udder has not gotten any larger. How soon can a goat start to make an udder? She's a FF. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I brought her home. No signs of heat.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, they may start developing an udder 4-6 weeks in advance, (some can be precocious and udder up months in advance) just before kidding, or right after kidding... :hu

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I've been googling and reading a lot. Read that they can start as early as 12 weeks from kidding? Calculating from the date I brought her home. That would put her around Jan 6th. Though she already had the udder when i picked her up.:hu

Gives me time to put weight on her before she kids. Been stressing that she will not be able to produce enough milk if she kids at her current weight.

Any reason to be concerned with a little dried blood/mucous on her? I checked her pen, nothing. Watched her pee, it's clear.

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have four FF does who were bred August 19-20. Two of them started developing an udder about 3 weeks ago, while the other ones haven't at all. It can greatly vary depending on the doe.
I'm guessing that Pumpkin will kid around the end of December, but it is hard to tell.
Good luck!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. We are keeping an eye on her. So far no changes.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Been cooking all day everyday since Monday. Only a few things that I have to cook today.
We do not go anywhere. We stay home. As my boys say "we get fat on holidays". :lol:

Took pics this morning. The walks are helping. They are not as round as they were.

Willow 11.23.2.jpg
Willow due 1/20/18

Mellow 11.23.2.jpg
Marshmallow due 1/18/18

honey 11.23.jpg
Honey due 1/27/18

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I usually do not post about my family, or health issues. My family has been through the wringer when it comes to health issues.

The news that I got today is bad. I'm afraid I will not be able to see my uncle before he passes.

My uncle is a cancer survivor. He's been treated three times. Twice it was successful. The last time it was not. It's in all his lymph nodes. I got the call this morning that he's in ICU. He has pneumonia, hallucinations, his heart is giving out and they have him on dialyses.
To top it off my aunt is in the ER. We have not been able to get a hold of anyone to find out what is going on. My aunt is my dads sister. My uncle in ICU is my aunt who's in the ER husband.

Can I please get prayers for my Aunt Rose & Uncle Bill?

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I usually do not post about my family, or health issues. My family has been through the wringer when it comes to health issues.

The news that I got today is bad. I'm afraid I will not be able to see my uncle before he passes.

My uncle is a cancer survivor. He's been treated three times. Twice it was successful. The last time it was not. It's in all his lymph nodes. I got the call this morning that he's in ICU. He has pneumonia, hallucinations, his heart is giving out and they have him on dialyses.
To top it off my aunt is in the ER. We have not been able to get a hold of anyone to find out what is going on. My aunt is my dads sister. My uncle in ICU is my aunt who's in the ER husband.

Can I please get prayers for my Aunt Rose & Uncle Bill?
Praying for Rose and Bill!