Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A lot has been going on around here. My husband sold his mini alpine buck & wether. We sold strawberry the boer/nubian doe.

Honey was bred by my sisters buck. My daughter did not close the gate right, he escaped. About a month left before shes due.
honey 12.29.16.2.jpg
Picture taken yesterday.

We got a new doe, she's a mini mancha. She's currently in the house in a kennel. She had lice, and a snotty nose when we brought her home. She is also thin. I can not for the life of me find how much a mini mancha should weigh? She was born 9/5/16. This morning I weighed her, she is up to 14 lbs 8 oz.
marshmellow.jpg

We will be selling my buck the boer/nigerian next year. He's staying until we get our new buck. We are on a waiting list for the 2017 kidding season. That way Jasper has a buddy. I still have my sisters goats, plans have changed. We will be taking them to her when my husband can take vacation around Feb/March.

Reactions: TAH

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
For a month to go she is sure Wide there and I like her colors. Hope all goes well for ya and her. We have a pygmy and 2 pygmy/boer crosses so can't help ya with the little cute Mancha, but hope she turns out okay. :) :fl

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
:pop Love kidding threads!

Congrats on your new girl!
Is she a 50/50 cross?
Size really depends on the individual goat.
I would have to go back in our records and see what this years mini Manchu kids weighed at that age. She does look small though.

I'm sure you can get her back into shape :thumbsup

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! I see Honey just getting bigger. Her bag is already starting to bag up. She loves getting massages daily. :) She's spoiled.

We're down to 3 weeks! I'm anxious and nervous at the same time. We have everything ready. The girls have been getting put up into the kidding pens since the rain has not let up. Man are we getting some much needed rain here!

Yes Marshmallow (mini mancha) is 50/50. She is doing amazing, has a belly going on now. Though it took her awhile to really get into eating her alfalfa/grain. We were told that she was fed alfalfa, but she was not that eager to eat it. She'll chase us all down for scraps all day long. She wont touch minerals either.
marshmellow 2.jpg

Jasper is doing great! I will have to get some newer pictures of him. If it's not raining at feeding time, i'll try to get some pictures of him. They all look like mini woolly mammoths.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay, I'm just posting some kid weights to give you an idea of what our minis are gaining. Every farm is different so this is an example of our goats and "food for thought"
Wren, Knuckles, & Cupcake are triplets. They are F-2 generation and are a 50/50 cross. Dam is roughly 90lbs as a mature doe. She is short but DEEP. Sire is around 80 lbs if I remember correctly. He is also mature.
These kids are from a second freshener.
Cupcake was the smallest at birth

5wks
Wren 16.6
Knuckles 17.6
Cupcake 13.8

6 wks
Wren 19
Knuckles 21
Cupcake 16

10 wks
Wren 29
Knuckles 30
Cupcake 24

Just under 16 wks
Wren 40
Knuckles ~45*
Cupcake 31

*Knuckles was moved at that point so it is just a guess

They were all sold at that point so that's all the info I have on that group.

Next is Bingo
F-1 50/50
Born March 2016
Dam was a TINY lamancha doe. 100 lbs max at that point, she was severely infested with parasites when we got her, it took a toll and stunted her. :(
Sire was a PB Dwarf buck

Bingo
Just under 5 wks - 19 lbs
Just under 10 wks 32 lbs
16 wks 40 lbs

Pretty easy to tell when the milk supply got cut off :)

We kept Bingo and bred her. She is a large doe and very wide, especially her rump. She should be fine to pass kids, so we feel okay breeding her that young. She will kid shortly after her 1st birthday.
He current weight from a few weeks ago is 83 lbs.

Hope this helps :)

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
****I should have added that those weight are actual scale weights, not tape weight.
We have found tape weights to be very inaccurate.