Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I figured that would be the answer. Worth a shot asking. I'm going to give Rose the CDT when I give Marshmallow hers. Hopefully she will have it in her system long enough.

Roses ligs are soft. You can feel them but really have to search for them. Not sure how much that's going to help me as Honeys I could always slightly feel. Willows ligs were gone 48 hours then she went into labor.

I just came in from giving the goats hot water into their water buckets. Rose is breathing hard. Udder does not look full to me. Though I have only dealt with a mini nubian FF. Rose is going to stress me out! I'll be going out to check on her occasionally through out the day.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone observed goats having braxton hicks contractions? I never seen Honey have contractions until she was in labor and had a baby on the ground. Willow I did not notice contractions. I seen the rope an hour later she was having hard contractions.

Rose has been having what appear to be Braxton hicks contractions for 2 solid days. She is not pushing. But you can see when she is having a contraction. Stops what shes doing, nostrils flared, breathing heavy. I felt babies move yesterday. Was getting kicked and felt a couple rolls.

Gave her a horrible birth shave, she was NOT happy about it. Resulting in her horrible shave.
rose 12.27.jpg
Today 12/27
Rose 12.13.png
12/13

Any insight?

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kidding season is approaching for us. Marshmallow has 16 days, Willow has 18 days & Honey has 25 days. We are all excited.

Rose has been having labor or prelabor signs. She has been stretching & head pressing. Last night I seen her have two big contractions. Then she jumped up, stretched a couple times. Then laid down like nothing happened. Not knowing a due date is driving me crazy!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I cleaned out a kidding stall the other night for one that was having contractions and even pushing a little. No udder but she sure looked ready. Two hours later she was eating dinner and acting like she has a month to go...and she might.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Rose has been doing a great job on faking us out! Not sure when she will kid. I will be happy if it's next month. At least she will be over a year old.

Marshmallow has 8 days left! We are beyond excited. She has had no signs that she's even getting close. Her udder has slowly been getting larger. No goo what so ever, has not dropped yet. Web cam will go up in her kidding stall tomorrow.

Willow has 10 days left. No signs so far from willow that she's starting to get close. Udder slowly filling.

Honey has 17 days left. She is already starting to look like the babies are starting to drop.

We are beyond excited for kidding season to start.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. :)

Marshmallow has come a long way! I will post pictures as soon as she kids. We're super excited! Marshmallow was a single, we are hoping for twins from her.

Rose filled her udder last night. Though not shiny. First pic taken 1/8/18.
Second pic taken this morning 1/11/18.
20180108_091704.jpg
20180111_091845.jpg

Generally after a doe fills her udder, what is the typical time frame that they kid?

Latest posts